Updating the Dash Cam Talk Web Page for the SJ4000

TeriTerryTarry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Several action cams
Is this the right forum to ask about the Dash Cam Talk web page for the SJ4000? https://dashcamtalk.com/sj4000/ Currently the web page list of firmware updates is out-of-date and it makes the following statement which I thought was no longer true:

"
VIOFO is Hongfeng ‘s partner for marketing and distribution. Their official consumer website is www.sjcam.com"

There are a number of problems I've had with my cameras that I think should be added to the "Known Problems" list. And considering the utter lack of a detailed, comprehensive manual and the many problems I've had with their support I also believe the four-star rating for "Available Support" is way too high.

I would hope that factual matters like firmware update information would be tracked by the manufacturer. Other things that are a matter of opinion I don't necessarily expect the author of the web page to adopt without question, but where do I offer that opinion?

I haven't looked at that camera in a while. Feel free to send me your thoughts (start a conversation) and I will update the page for any key items.

I haven't looked at that camera in a while. Feel free to send me your thoughts (start a conversation) and I will update the page for any key items.

Thanks very much. I'll contact you soon with my comments. Cheers :)

Is this the right forum to ask about the Dash Cam Talk web page for the SJ4000? https://dashcamtalk.com/sj4000/ Currently the web page list of firmware updates is out-of-date and it makes the following statement which I thought was no longer true:

"
VIOFO is Hongfeng ‘s partner for marketing and distribution. Their official consumer website is www.sjcam.com"

There are a number of problems I've had with my cameras that I think should be added to the "Known Problems" list. And considering the utter lack of a detailed, comprehensive manual and the many problems I've had with their support I also believe the four-star rating for "Available Support" is way too high.

I would hope that factual matters like firmware update information would be tracked by the manufacturer. Other things that are a matter of opinion I don't necessarily expect the author of the web page to adopt without question, but where do I offer that opinion?

Thanks for pointing this out; Things have changed since that article was written.

SJCamHD.com is no longer partners with Viofo.com or their site SJCAM.com

If possible, could the Dashcam admin remove the references to Viofo and Sjcam.com?

They are simple now only resellers of SJCAM. You can see from the Viofo helpdesk that they have left many tickets unanswered.

Also, please only list SJCamHD.com (We no longer update cnhfzj.com.

SJCamHD.com also now has an Official SJCAM Helpdesk account here

Back