Updating the firmware - giving up and moving on. Free Dashcam!

sixfeetfree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Should updating firmware be this difficult? Now, admittedly, I'm not Nostradamus or Newton, but I'd like to think I can follow instructions, right?

Don't use this card, don't use that card, plug this in, unplug that, restart this, don't use your PC USB, drag and drop, delete this, rename that, use a loader, watch this video... sweet baby Jesus!

My caveman DNA is coming out and I'm talking to these cams with my teeth clenched, terrible, terrible things were about to happen to these cameras, until...... I remembered my approach to buying electronics. Buy once, cry once.

After putting it off, I finally attempted a firmware update on 2 A119S cameras that weren't working to begin with, they lasted maybe 3 months. Can't hurt to try, right? Bricks, both of them.

5 cameras in, I'm moving on to another brand. I'm sure it's probably me, I have failed at either reading instructions or comprehending instructions enough to perform a simple update.

But my point is still very valid - it should not be that difficult to update firmware.

All 3 G1W-S cameras are destroyed, gone. Two of them are somewhere on the highway in Texas, the 3rd camera is resting comfortably in the trash, in tiny pieces. Interestingly enough, I still have 2 A119-S cams that I tried to update, both are bricks.

As an experiment, I would like to gift both of these cameras to two members here to see if they can be updated, because it's crystal clear that I do not possess the skills to do it myself, apparently.

You pay postage, I will ship you a nice non-working Viofo A119-S. Two available, two separate members. Shipping will be from 75006, north Texas area. USA only, I can't imagine someone overseas would want to pay for shipping for a camera that may or may not work. This will be on the honor system, I'll pay shipping to you, and you reimburse me via paypal.

To enter, please post a picture of something you love. (Keep it clean)
(One entry per member)

I will choose two members on Sunday and I will ship on Monday (5/24/21), because I'm flying to New Jersey on Tuesday... but that's a whole 'nother story.

I can't even give these things away... hahaha

I bought a Garmin 56 for my upcoming trip. Flying from Texas to New Jersey and driving to Florida for a family member. We'll see how it performs.

Viofo's are trashed, no one wins the non-working dashcam give-way. Better luck next time.

Back