Upgrade from 312GW to 522GW

mickyp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys / girls

I bought a 312GW for my wife last year and hard wired it into her BMW X3, tapping into the fuse panel in the rear parcel shelf, then we change to the new shape x3 so i strip it out and re install, all is well, then a couple of months later the camera displays a card error message, investigation reveals a dead card.
So i get a new one, upgrade the firmware at the same time and we are up and running, cool.

I then think i really should get a camera for my old 2011 Audi A6, so i decide to get a 522GW thinking i will stick that in the BMW and i will have the 312, WRONG, the cable for the 312 does not fit into the magnetic mount of the 522, although elecrically the same phyically its too bulky, i couldn't use the top entry on the camera itself because it didn't allow me to get height i wanted without fouling on the roof material. So the Audi has the 522 and the BMW the 312 which was not my intention.

I also didnt want to have to pull all the wiring out as it was tight getting into the boot on this fit.

So Nextbase please think about forward compatabily to make upgrading easier.

Also, Nextbase, please be aware some vehicles do not give the room for piggy back fuse holders, so a dummy fuse with a two inch wire going to the piggy back system might be a good idea for fit flexibility, just saying.

Back