Upgrade from a Mini 0803 but must have parking detection

fluff34567

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

In my old beater car I had an 0803 front and back which worked fine, I was happy with the video quality, the only thing i wasn't happy with was the parking detection which was non existent.

I have a vehicle with a 2nd leasure battery so no concerns on power.

Its a long vehicle by European standards so I don't think running a cable front to back is realistic for the rear cam.

What's a current good cam with a real world working parking mode..??

Keep in mind I would buy 2 so that rules out the expensive cams.

Hi all,

In my old beater car I had an 0803 front and back which worked fine, I was happy with the video quality, the only thing i wasn't happy with was the parking detection which was non existent.

I have a vehicle with a 2nd leasure battery so no concerns on power.

Its a long vehicle by European standards so I don't think running a cable front to back is realistic for the rear cam.

What's a current good cam with a real world working parking mode..??

Keep in mind I would buy 2 so that rules out the expensive cams.
If you have a backup battery why would you need parking Detector? Do you want is should record regularly while being parked ?

If you have a backup battery why would you need parking Detector? Do you want is should record regularly while being parked ?
Yes correct I want recording activated either by movement or impact. I have always understood this as parking detection.. What do you call it.

I appreciate this is an international forum so some language differences

Take a look at the Viofo A129 Duo, it is a dual camera and you can get a longer rear cables if required. A dual camera makes more sense, especially if you want parking mode front and back.

Take a look at the Viofo A129 Duo, it is a dual camera and you can get a longer rear cables if required. A dual camera makes more sense, especially if you want parking mode front and back.
Thanks Nigel, I saw a youtube based review by an Asian guy but the quality wasn't too great, maybe just his unit.

Thanks Nigel, I saw a youtube based review by an Asian guy but the quality wasn't too great, maybe just his unit.
Youtube doesn't always produce great quality! It is a decent camera and certainly has better image quality than an 0803, I have had both. Only issue is that 1080 resolution is getting a bit low these days, although it is still standard for dual cameras, if you want more then look at the A129 Pro:

OK great thanks, will have a read through.... Just a thought! I have a van and the rear window is straight up/down and not slanted, would this be an issue for the rear camera mount?

Rear camera angle is adjustable, mine can't get quite horizontal on a vertical surface, but it is close enough, not sure if the latest ones have been improved on that, my rear camera is a very early one from a very early A129 Duo (not Pro version).

Thank you very much! Guess I could always space the mount away from the glass if needed.

Back