Upgrade Thinkware x500 with the new x550 firmware

I have 2 x500 the first one I got lucky an it wasnt upgrade to 46. But this one is. I wonder what happens when you have an older firmware put in the SD card and try to update the firmware. What are the gains from the x550 firmware update?

I don't think the gain is huge really. I think it's just time lapse parking mode & super night vision for that parking mode. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. If you can find someone in the USA with the repair Jig they may swap the firmware for you. We have the jig but obviously being in the UK postage would be very high for a small gain in features.

What is the technical name of the jig? Also Is super night vision activated only when time laps parking mode enabled or all the time ? On the one with x550 firmware i am able to tun it off and on however I dont believe its real meaning it makes no difference during motion detection recording when dark.

Super Night Vision is only in time lapse parking mode. I'm not sure of the name of the jig, it's just some printed circuit boards that plug inline with the camera so we can reflash them completely. (I call it a Jig!)

I just flash the firmware of the x550 (1.00.06) on x500.
My question is: Can I flash futher firmware upgrades of x550 on x500 (hardware)?

I just flash the firmware of the x550 (1.00.06) on x500.
My question is: Can I flash futher firmware upgrades of x550 on x500 (hardware)?
Yea it should be ok as long as you never flash a x500 firmware on it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So I found out that you can actually get 1.00.34 software for the x500 if you get it in France. (When you select your country) Would it be possible to update to that, then update to x550 for another country? Also you can get 1.00.15 for France for the F750.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A X500 3
T X500 4
Back