Upgrading from A119 to A119 V3

CD55

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been using an A119 in the 2015 Subaru since 2017
It is is performing really well and I like the design.
When I installed it I took out trim to snake the powercable for a clean install and get the needed spouse approval rating.
I would like to upgrade to the A119 V3.
Would I be able to reuse this power cable and the GPS mount to install an A119 V3?

If the power cable is a mini usb delivering at least 1A then yes.

The mount, no.

The A119V2 GPS mount is not compatible with the A119V3. Power cable is the same.

Thanks for getting me up to speed guys.
I will make sure to update the mount as well.
I'm glad I wont have to mess with the power.

I have a similar question, looking at changing my A119S to the A119 V3 as after 23 months of use the colours now appear all washed out even after firmware upgrade, use of CPL filter and adjusting settings and factory resets...

Can I use the windscreen/GPS mount that I am currently using for my A119S and just swap the A119 V3 onto it or is this newer model not compatible with the A119V3?

I have a similar question, looking at changing my A119S to the A119 V3 as after 23 months of use the colours now appear all washed out even after firmware upgrade, use of CPL filter and adjusting settings and factory resets...

Can I use the windscreen/GPS mount that I am currently using for my A119S and just swap the A119 V3 onto it or is this newer model not compatible with the A119V3?
The A119V3 nice choice.
How are the colours washed out? Did you compare old footage to current footage. Seems odd and I’m curious if this is a thing to look out for.
Anyone else know why this might happen?

Hi, yes the camera has worked really well with sharp/crisp video footage since I purchased it almost two years ago but not sure why the footage and colours have now deteriorated in the last month.. As said I have even done a firmware update to latest version but no improvement.. Did just try to upload some footage (mp.4 file) but it says it`s not a recognised file?

Thanks gse and Kremmen for your replies...I will attach two still photos of the A119S` quality issue......
I have now put it in the rear windscreen and have my A119 (which used to be in the rear windscreen) now on the front windscreen which has excellent video quality ...

The settings on my A119S are as follows:
Frames...1920x 1080p @ 60fps
Bitrate.. Normal
Video Format.. MP4
Exposure...0.0
WDR...Off
Sharpness... Normal
LED...On
Frequency...50Htz

Attachments

• Viofo A119S.png
    Viofo A119S.png
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 24
  • A119S washed out ..png
    A119S washed out ..png
    948.2 KB · Views: 25
Meant to add.. CPL filter... ON..

Thanks gse and Kremmen for your replies...I will attach two still photos of the A119S` quality issue......
I have now put it in the rear windscreen and have my A119 (which used to be in the rear windscreen) now on the front windscreen which has excellent video quality ...

The settings on my A119S are as follows:
Frames...1920x 1080p @ 60fps
Bitrate.. Normal
Video Format.. MP4
Exposure...0.0
WDR...Off
Sharpness... Normal
LED...On
Frequency...50Htz
My first thought is a lens problem.
Does anyone smoke in your car?
Just wondering if the lenses are contaminated with smoke.

I`m a non smoker....but YES...wifey does smoke in my car to my annoyance!... Will try and give the lens a good clean now and see if it helps.. I had cleaned the polarising filter but not the actual lens so will update if any improvement in next day or two...

I`m a non smoker....but YES...wifey does smoke in my car to my annoyance!... Will try and give the lens a good clean now and see if it helps.. I had cleaned the polarising filter but not the actual lens so will update if any improvement in next day or two...
Look forward to what you discover.
I’m an ex smoker stopped twice for 15yrs each. Second time hopefully I’ll stay a non smoker. Started age 8-10yo

Those pictures are dreadful. Misty and out of focus.

Yes totally agree, used to be fantastic quality..fingers crossed it maybe the lens was compromised with cigarette smoke!!

Sadly despite thorough cleaning of lens and CPL filter there is no improvement in quality..

Attachments

• Viofo A119S snapshot.png
    Viofo A119S snapshot.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Back