Upgrading from...or something like..the Livue LB100

S2000CR

Reaction score
Country
United States
I owned 2 LB100 and overall had no majorly big complaints. I stopped running them once I got my new car and am now in the market to find a new version, or something comparable to them. The only thing is..it would be nice to have a screen but it's not necessary. This also goes for WiFi, but it's not necessary. I do need parking mode with automatic shut down when low battery is detected since my car has a tiny battery and I show my car. I'm hoping to not spend too much (the LB100 spoiled me in terms of quality and price) but am open to suggestions. Tia.

Reactions: Mtz
I think the problem in your request is
I do need parking mode with automatic shut down when low battery is detected
because in LB100 the battery protection was implemented by software and usually the korean dashcams have this feature because working at 12V not 5V like chinese dashcams, but the koreans are not cheap as the LB100.
Usually the dashcams manufacturers want to sell a separate device just to protect your battery which can cost the price of your Livue LB100 dashcam.

Try to look for some korean dashcam which have these features implemented by software.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think the problem in your request is

because in LB100 the battery protection was implemented by software and usually the korean dashcams have this feature because working at 12V not 5V like chinese dashcams, but the koreans are not cheap as the LB100.
Usually the dashcams manufacturers want to sell a separate device just to protect your battery which can cost the price of your Livue LB100 dashcam.

Try to look for some korean dashcam which have these features implemented by software.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thank you Mtz! I can also look for dash cams that have the feature as a separate device. I really rely on this forum for info and the Korean sub forum hasn't been updated since 2015. :-/

Spend more and get a thinkware product, I use the F770, as to battery voltage shutdown yes it has this and wifi and loads.

Spend more and get a thinkware product, I use the F770, as to battery voltage shutdown yes it has this and wifi and loads.

Everything's perfect except it being dual. I'd prefer to stay with a single camera per side.

Back