Uploaded Night video

Al Drake

Reaction score
Country
United States
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gxwyx2

I hope this works. It's a clip of part of my early ride to work from Derry, NH just after 4:00 AM. I don't think it's the best example of what this camera can do as it is shot through a rather unclear window.
Al

Last edited by a moderator:
clean the window maybe will help, I don't know, I was expecting better results than this from this cam, perhaps the current settings are not ideal though

jokiin said:
clean the window maybe will help, I don't know, I was expecting better results than this from this cam, perhaps the current settings are not ideal though

ya, I was afraid of that. I'll show better this weekend weather permitting. It helps if you have ideal setting as it what area to drive through or maybe the configuration to get a better night image. I'll have to play around when I get time with working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. If you know of a better camera please point me to it. I already have three so one more won't hurt.

Thanks for the critique.

Al Drake said:
If you know of a better camera please point me to it. I already have three so one more won't hurt.
Maybe the Vico TF2+ Premium?
The greatest feature for me (but not tested) is the smart night mode.

enjoy,
Mtz

For better night mode, the some other potential contenders are the FineVu CR500-HD, Vico TF2+, Vosonic V747W. A lot of new cameras come with Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) which improves night quality as well.

DashCamMan said:
For better night mode, the some other potential contenders are the FineVu CR500-HD, Vico TF2+, Vosonic V747W. A lot of new cameras come with Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) which improves night quality as well.

Thanks DCM. I'll start with giving my glass a good cleaning and look closely at your suggestions. I do need to test this LUKAS a bit more by driving through some more exciting places. :)

Was trying to mount in the early hours, here's a screencap from the LK7900 and my CR500.

LK-7900
ScreenShot04-13-13%2005%3B50%3B04001.png

CR500
ScreenShot04-13-13%2005%3B49%3B48001.png

:shock: speechless :eek:

I used your pictures here because I neded one more example than my Itronics.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
jamesbcd said:
Was trying to mount in the early hours, here's a screencap from the LK7900 and my CR500.

LK-7900
ScreenShot04-13-13%2005%3B50%3B04001.png

CR500
ScreenShot04-13-13%2005%3B49%3B48001.png

I like the CR500 better. I wonder what the internal difference is. Are they different sensors? Different settings perhaps and by changing them on the LK it can be made to look the same? I hope to do some testing of my own as soon as the weather allows here in NH.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

Al.

luxuries4millionaire said:
Hello,

Can you tell me which dashcam is the best for night vision now ?

Thank you.

I'd say that depends what one would consider "best". I use different settings for night and daylight and sometimes insert different SD cards depending on when I am doing most of my driving understanding that the settings on the card controls the way the camera captures the video.

I don't want to set anything.

I want it to work at night and when shxt happens I just check the video, until then I don't even want to see it :)

maybe shadow gt550w / dod ls300w WDR

luxuries4millionaire said:
I don't want to set anything.

I want it to work at night and when shxt happens I just check the video, until then I don't even want to see it :)

You have to have "settings" or use the default settings. One way or the other you might want to maximize your camera for the light you intend shooting with. If you don't look at your results until after the fact you might not get the optimum capture.

Back