Urgent Help Much Appreciated

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

I came back to my car yesterday, and someone had spat a considerable amount of their insides onto my car bonnet :-(

I bought a new phone recently and I could not remember the WiFi login into the camera. I saw an article online that said to hold the WiFi button down for 5 seconds... I did that BUT it said 'formatting SD card'... i quickly plugged out the power from the camera, however I think it was too late.

ANYWAY... now when I put the the card back in, I get 'Initialising SD Card'... I drove for an hour listening to this, and it is still the same.

How can I completely restart everything and also upgrade the firmware?

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

There should be a "reset to default" option in the menu, regarding the SD card you might have to format it on the computer.

You should just have yanked the memory card and put it in the computer in the first place, seem to me like anything turn bad if you add a phone to the mix
Upgrading the firmware i dont know about this brand, normally you just Dl a new firmware from the makers web page, called "something".bin put that on a clean memory card and then boot the camera up with that card in it, updating are then usually automatic with some flashing of LED's.

Still fun it did that format, i think the norm if you want to format anything is you get a prompt to say yes or no to before format actually start.

The only way u may get the files is by using a data recovery program There is no reset to factory with a Blackvue camera and that wouldnt help anyway Put it in a pc and look on google for an SD recovery program However if it started to format it u may have lost the files At least it will wash off and its not like the car is damaged is it.
Hardly something to worry about and you have made it worse as you never interupt a Format or you can render the card useless.

Put it in a PC and if its 32gb or less just format it as Fat32 If its more than that use aprogram called GUI format- x64 Google it go to the Blackvue site /downloads and get the latest firmware. after formatting the card copy the firmware onto it and put it in the camera and see what happens
Other option is put it in the camera and press the button again to reformat it Might work.
Come back and tell us the results

Dont take any notice of what to do in the above post as its not correct as far as "bin" is concerned Dowload the firmware and read the included instructions.

Formatting only clears the file directory- the files will still be on the card but you have no way to find them without the directory. Any unknowledgeable attempt to recover or view those files might corrupt or destroy them so I would set the card aside until you find your way forward from here. Put another card in the cam until then.

The more simple and direct methods are the more likely they are to work properly. This is the main reason using your computer to view and work with your vid files is so highly recommended- there is much less chance of any problems and it's faster anyway, so in the future make this a habit ;)

Phil

Still fun it did that format, i think the norm if you want to format anything is you get a prompt to say yes or no to before format actually start.

On Blackvues you'd press and hold the wifi-button in for 5 seconds to engage format. That itself should be sufficient to avoid "formatting by fault" as you should know what to do when you want to switch Wifi off/on vs. formatting the sdcard.

Stuff like this will happen eventually, however, always consult the manual if in doubt :p

The DEFAULT password for Blackvue-wifi enabled dashcams are "Blackvue" without quotes.

Back