Urive MD-8000P Shotgun Dual Lens 1080p/720p

AndreWxa said:
Hello to everyone.
I feel my self very stupid, but I can not understand why my PC Viewer does not play the video. I choose SD card, can change settings but video did not run at all.
Use Windows 7 32 and 64 bit

Is your PC Viewer in English or Korean?

Mine is korean, do you know how do I change it to english? I have no idea where to click.

impreza2013 said:
Is there an english version for the URIVE Shotgun PC Viewer?

It is either showing Korean or weird mixed scrambled characters.

I have no idea what it is saying or doing.

And when do I know if my camera is recording? I was driving today all day today and when I checked the microsd card in my computer there were no files recorded.

Do I have to push the R or M button?

Damn I wish this thing have a freaking LCD screen, this is so confusing.
I got the camera up and running, I downloaded and installed the English viewer, as well as firmware. I see the files in the viewer but when I click on them they don't play. I can play the files in windows media player, but the video is sped up, but the sound is normal. Hopefully some of the other members will speak up and help out. below is where I downloaded the English viewer and firmware.

http://www.urive.co.kr/english/customer ... ategory=25

Last edited by a moderator:
impreza2013 said:
AndreWxa said:
Hello to everyone.
I feel my self very stupid, but I can not understand why my PC Viewer does not play the video. I choose SD card, can change settings but video did not run at all.
Use Windows 7 32 and 64 bit

Is your PC Viewer in English or Korean?

Mine is korean, do you know how do I change it to english? I have no idea where to click.
I have the English viewer, maybe I will install the Korean viewer and see if it works.

Edit, no go on the Korean viewer either. Don't know about this product, probably should have bought something with more English support

Got everything completely working now, I put the sdhc card in the computer, opened the English viewer, in the top left hand corner there is a down arrow and a bracket. I clicked on that and updated both the firmware and the viewer to the latest versions. Put the card back in the shotgun and took the car for a spin. Got back home and pluged the card back into the computer and everything was working. It even had my original files that I could not get to play. I did these steps originally but apparently I did something wrong.

Now, the viewer is still slightly buggy, if I load all the files and try to click on individual files it only seems to allow this one time, then if you try to double click on another one it always starts the previous video over. I can click the very first file and it will advance through all files in order no problem. The other issues I have noticed is the fast forward, rewind, and play next file buttons do absolutely nothing. Over all on this camera out of 10 is only about a 5, if that, lack of support, buggy software, and mediocre video quality. I am no expert when it comes to cameras, but I have 2 other 1 channel cameras that were $100 each that have fared way better in each of those category.

Figured I'd add some videos on here and some info:

Here's some horrible glare from the tint rear cam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2u_w9uxLE

Here's the front:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuaNAcY4mBI

Rear cam in rain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR4B0gW-WDE

Front cam rain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ7KXHOa0iI

Rear cam morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqvjxp5jUI4

Front cam morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhd36e7zbF0

Rear cam cloudy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbte26H3_E

Front cam cloudy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADmYbykOH4s

Rear cam night city:
nightcityrearcam - YouTube

Front cam night city:
nightraincityfront - YouTube

Rear cam night subdivision:
nightrear - YouTube

Front cam night subdivision:
nightfront - YouTube

As far as night videos without any streetlights, the camera can only pick up your headlight. As you can imagine, the rear cam is worthless without any lighting. I have Llumar Air Blue tint on the windshield (70%) and the top hatch glass is also Llumar ceramic 5%.

I thought the rear camera would be better, but there isn’t any better choice for a multichannel setup. My original plan was two BlackVues, but I missed a GP by a few days. They had the BlackVue 500 for $250 shipped.

I'm running Windows 8 64-bit and using the English version of Urive Viewer, along with the English camera firmware. The computer software is buggy as hell causing memory leaks, player controls don’t work, and GPS still says I’m driving across lakes. All I really use the software for is configuring the camera settings. I open the video from File Explorer and it has no issues, and it’s easier this way as well. Hopefully they add better support for it in the future. I’ve thought about trying the Korean version on Windows 7, but screw it lol. I’d REALLY like MPH instead of KPH.

At the moment I’m strangely fascinated by the parking mode after placing electrical tape over the front LED. So far the built in power protector seems to work well, or maybe its because the cameras don’t seem to pull much power. The car has sat for 12-14 hours and I don’t have a dead battery.

The camera also has lots of vents in it as well, so hopefully it can withstand heat. The case doesn’t get warm, but the SD card does.

As of right now I would purchase another. Then again, it hasn’t even been a week. Hopefully this one lasts long enough when a nice dual 1080p camera is released I can move the Urive to another car.

you'll have a few choices in dual 1080p models later this year, A7 is capable, I'd guess other chipset suppliers are working on new solutions as well

Hello! Which device can be connected Urive MD-8000P via video output (I think Jack - specific connector for video)?

Glad you got the camera to work.
Yes I also have the same issue regarding viewing individual files.
Realized that if you have incidents recorded in sequence on the same day (i.e. parking motion incident), it would play the first incident, but it would not fast forward to the 2nd parking incident, only
way to view it is to watch the 1st incident all the way through.
Same goes for when you are driving...if you drove for 1hr straight, you can only select and play the beginning file, and not be able to fast forward to a certain time in that hour of driving.

So if you drove for an hour and then turned off the car, and then drove another hour, this means you can only select 2 files to play back on the list, eventhough u might have 120 files available.
Best way is to use VLC media player to view them, VLC also plays back the video in the correct speed.

newbie said:
Now, the viewer is still slightly buggy, if I load all the files and try to click on individual files it only seems to allow this one time, then if you try to double click on another one it always starts the previous video over. I can click the very first file and it will advance through all files in order no problem..

too expensive for my blood :-(

as for the space over time question this is easy.

someone with the camera post how many MB a daytime 5min clip is from each camera (or whatever chunk size it uses)

if 5 minute multiply by 12 and that is how much per "hour" now you can figure out how much each memory card will hold.

don't forget the rear camera file.

nerys said:
too expensive for my blood :-(

as for the space over time question this is easy.

someone with the camera post how many MB a daytime 5min clip is from each camera (or whatever chunk size it uses)

if 5 minute multiply by 12 and that is how much per "hour" now you can figure out how much each memory card will hold.

don't forget the rear camera file.

http://dashcamtalk.com/recording-time-calculator/

Does this camera only take 1 minute videos?
according to the specifications: "Constant recording: 1 minute".

it records 1min intervals, but it keeps recording..
so an hour worth of driving will yield (60) 1 min files.

What is the video output for? For playback, I don’t understand seeing that there isn’t a remote or any way to control the recorded content being displayed to an external monitor (my navigation screen).

Can anyone please explain before I go the extra steps to install to my nav.

AV out on any DVR is generally only used for an external monitor to display whatever the camera would normally display on its own screen

Great thanks-It would be good feature to include a remote or something to playback content from the flashdrive to an external device within the car.

Dear, Dashcamtalk members :p

This is astrobile.com. We kindly inform you that we are overseas agent and authorized seller on Urive products.

So, we are in charge of multiple role to solve any product issue, CS and overseas sales for Urive.

If you have any question or problem, please feel free to contact us.

Have a good day :D

Urive Facebook just opened www.facebook.com/pages/Urive/165584253634590.

Become a friend and get regular update of Urive facebook.

You will definitely enjoy enjoy fantastic promotion and event of Urive dash cams in facebook!!

I just ordered mine. Hope it does the trick.

I received my Shotgun a few days ago and got around to installing it last night. It took me four hours total to complete the task in my 2008 Infinity G35 but it turned out very good. I powered it directly from my fuse box and the cabling to the rear camera is routed through the head liner. The only wiring visible is a couple inches at the front and back to connect to the cameras.

I looked at the video recorded on the way to work and it looks very good. I am quite pleased to say the lease.

I will say, though, I think the software needs work! If I want to jump through videos to look for a moment, I cannot seem to do this. It has to play through from the beginning in continuous driving mode. The selection of videos is terrible too! If it defaults to all videos selected, why doesn't it have a 'deselect all' button? And if I manually deselect everything but a couple videos, it won't let me play them. I'm sure the list will go on with the software but at least the hardware works and that is what is most important.

Now I want to get a GPS unit for it to add on. Does anyone know what I can get one? Or what the specifications are for the output format of the GPS for the unit to read it?

How do you activate the parking mode in the Urive Shotgun MD-8000p?

Back