Urive MD-8000P Shotgun Dual Lens 1080p/720p

Hi young-nyc,

Congrats on the purchase. This seems like an impressive cam. Please share your thoughts when you get it.

DashCamMan said:
Hi young-nyc,

Congrats on the purchase. This seems like an impressive cam. Please share your thoughts when you get it.

Thank you!
I hope it performs well. Will keep you posted.
Couldn't really find a better solution to what I want, unless I get (2) single dashcams and put them front and back. :mrgreen:

Just received the dashcam. It looks really nice. Unfortunately there is no English manual.
Although I'm Korean, I think an English manual would be nice too.

I also thought it would come with a cigarette power adapter for the car, but it doesn't. I'm guessing this could be purchased separately at any electronics store.
Does anyone know if any general power adapter would work? Or would it have to be power specific?
As for now I can't hard wire it because the new car has not arrived yet, and was hoping to test it out using the cigarette power adapter on my current car.

Hi young-nyc,

That is unusual that it doesn't come with a cigarette lighter adapter. Unfortunately I'm not sure if a general adapter would work. With a Korean only manual, it seems that Urive doesn't care to much about the potential market outside Korea.

I bought mine from Apple-CT so he will be sending me a shorted english manual.
There doesn't seem to be too much information on connecting the wires, most of the korean manual is about the software.

Will keep you posted

Hello everybody!

I received my Shotgun a few days ago. Everything is fine so far.

My device came with a 3 pole AV cable on each end. I could not get the pin out of that plug from the supplier. I did some research and found out that the tip pin is for VIDEO and the middle pin is for AUDIO. The last one is
GROUND. You can connect this cable to any kind of AV cable following this pin out.

The cable between the main unit and the rear camera is a regular micro USB cable with male ends on both sides. If you need a smaller length of that cable you can buy one or solder it for yourself.

The supplier said that an English manual and software will be ready by Jan. 23.

I will keep posting new updates.

Can I ask you some dumb questions?

What is the file extension of the video files? Is there a directory structure that is used to store them?

Thanks!

PS. This site rocks, it looks like the best place for english language dash cam info! I had a hard time figuring out what cams are good/bad etc. and how some of the cams work in the real world etc. until I found this site.

the supplier apple-ct has told me he will be sending me an short english manual, but i have yet to receive it..
I hope it arrives soon. but looking at the korean manual, it seems that most of the instructions are for the software.

the Urive, english manual is now available :D
just received it via email from my seller..great stuff.

Hi young-nyc,

Can you share the manual? It might help others make a decision on whether to purchase.

young-nyc was kind enough to share the English manual. You can download it here.

I received the English manual and viewer software today. I can send it to whoever is in need.

Hi guys,

I'm watching the videos (the first couple daytime ones from a user) and I can't see how some people think it shoots great videos. And yes I changed the settings of youtube player to 1080p.

Post a video on youtube and let us take a look as well.

newbie222 said:
Hi guys,

I'm watching the videos (the first couple daytime ones from a user) and I can't see how some people think it shoots great videos. And yes I changed the settings of youtube player to 1080p.

do you have the original files or are you viewing on YouTube?

jokiin said:
newbie222 said:
Hi guys,

do you have the original files or are you viewing on YouTube?
I haven't got the camera, just watching videos on Youtube and comparing with others such made by other cameras. And the quality of the Urive is not impressive at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirrm the framerate for both front and rear camera when in dual channel? Seems like earlier models (Albatross) drops the rate when shooting in dual channel.
:?:

Back