Urive MD-8000P Shotgun Dual Lens 1080p/720p

newbie222 said:
I haven't got the camera, just watching videos on Youtube and comparing with others such made by other cameras. And the quality of the Urive is not impressive at all.

ok, to be fair the results of any cam you'll see on YouTube are not representative of the real results, YouTube re-encodes the files and makes a mess of them, see if you can get an actual download of an original file if you want to check quality, you'll notice the difference straight away if you can

Anyone from South Africa or Australia using this during the hot summer there? Any problems caused by sun light and/or heat?

anyone else buy this set and care to chime in on the performance? I see that it has a 12.1v cutoff, which is nice. wouldn't have to buy any kind of power kit to use parking mode

took the plunge and ordered one. can't find much info on this ANYWHERE.

i hope it turns out to be a reliable unit!

received the unit today

it is smaller than the pictures make it look. it's only about the size of a business card, and the rear cam is about as small as a bulky usb thumb drive

i'll install it on sunday and post my impressions. trying to get the english firmware/software. seller only provided korean despite me specifically asking for english.

from what i see, the packaging is very nice and it seems like a nicely made camera aside from the mounting clips

didn't get a response from the seller or urive.

i guess i won't be hearing from them until monday (or sunday night for me since different time zones). Was really hoping to set this up over weekend!

Apologies, I'm new to dashcams, and interested in this model.

Can anyone explain how to calculate how many minutes recording time I'll get with this device? does it record constantly when driving? if it can only store 10 mins, and I drive for 20, does it simply buffer the latest 10 mins?

does it constantly buffer to sd card , or just constantly buffer video to memory, and then write its buffer to card only if you request by pressing a button?

what's the highest capacity and fastest card that would be compatible with this, from a top end manufacturer like sandisk?

Sorry if these questions are already well answered somewhere else

i'm not inclined to do the math myself, but you can calculate how long it will record based on the bitrate of both front and rear

the 32gb sandisk class 10 micro sdhc is the best you can do. you could try experimenting with a 64gb sdxc card, but that's up to you.

in other news, one of the two cameras that was sent to me is defective. It is not recording from the rear, nor is it creating any files for the rear. front recording is fine.

since the rear connects to and is processed by the front cam (main unit), i am unsure which of the two is the culprit. there doesnt seem to be a way to test the rear cam by itself, so it seems the only solution is to replace both units. i'm discussing with the vendor what our next step should be. this is quite a pain because of the different timezones. i'll probably have to end up shipping this back, which will be over a week of downtime

here's my video:

windshield is tinted 50%

cloudy day

i probably have fingerprint smudges on the lens because i touched it while adjusting the cam

rear camera still broken. tested another usb wire, as well as using a multimeter on the original wire (to make sure it was ok), and came to the conclusion that one of the cameras is malfunctioning

Last edited by a moderator:
still no help from the vendor. if i don't have a reply by monday i'm just going to have a file a paypal dispute, unfortunately.

Anyone know how to install this camera? It arrived but I have no idea where to connect the power. It came with the 3 wires cable instead of a cigarette power adapter.

would you mind sharing who you purchased it from, and how much you paid? i'm likely going to have to do a chargeback on this lightnspace vendor and buy it from somewhere else

edit:

battery (red) wire goes to a constant power source
accessory (yellow) wire goes to a power source that is switched on with your ignition
ground (black) goes to anywhere you can ground the wire

suggested fuses would be door locks for constant power

tofu said:
would you mind sharing who you purchased it from, and how much you paid? i'm likely going to have to do a chargeback on this lightnspace vendor and buy it from somewhere else

edit:

accessory (yellow) wire goes to a power source that is switched on with your ignition

apple-ct on ebay for $344 I think, why you returning it to lightnspace and getting it from somewhere else? lightnspace one is fake?

On a second though, I'm not going to touch the fuse box on my new 2013 car.
Just going to get the cigarette adapter charger for it.

impreza2013 said:
tofu said:

edit:

apple-ct on ebay for $344 I think, why you returning it to lightnspace and getting it from somewhere else? lightnspace one is fake?

On a second though, I'm not going to touch the fuse box on my new 2013 car.
Just going to get the cigarette adapter charger for it.

fuse box install doesn't permanently modify anything. you could use an "add a fuse" adapter for a very clean install or you could simply wrap the wire around the leg of the fuse.

they're not fake, i'm just having a lot of trouble getting support from the guy after receiving a defective cam

Hey Tofu, judging from the video, looks like you're also from NY..
I'm getting mine installed this week and hoping it will work.
I've actually had it since january =(

if you didn't know already, the link to the english manual is here:
http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/md-8000p/Urive%20manual.pdf

I also have the english program.

good luck, i hope you can resolve your issue with the rear camera.

young-nyc said:
Hey Tofu, judging from the video, looks like you're also from NY..
I'm getting mine installed this week and hoping it will work.
I've actually had it since january =(

if you didn't know already, the link to the english manual is here:
http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/md-8000p/Urive%20manual.pdf

I also have the english program.

good luck, i hope you can resolve your issue with the rear camera.

thank you. i used the english manual you provided earlier in this thread on page four :)

the seller finally responded today to my paypal dispute. he said he talked to the manufacturer and to wait a few days for him to send out a new rear cam.

i have a feeling this is just a ploy to try to get me to miss the dispute escalation deadline, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt until then. i still have amex to back me up if things don't work out through paypal

Tofu,
you can try connecting my rear cam to your camera and see if that is the actual issue, before i get it installed tomorrow?

let me know.

thank you that is very nice of you, but i don't think i can mess with it until the weekend.

i will just wait it out for now. i tested my usb cable and that is not the issue. it is either a dead rear cam, or the main unit is not processing the rear data. we'll see what happens if/when he sends me a new unit.

I got mine hardwired today...everything, front and rear is working..however...i don't think the installer wired the power correctly as it does not go into Park Mode.
I'm guessing he didn't connect the red wire to constant power?
The camera just shuts down when i shut the engine.
Does this wire have to be connected to the fuse?

Thanks

Back