Urive MD-8000P Shotgun Dual Lens 1080p/720p

Thanks,
Can someone confirm that the blue led blinks during parking mode?

yes it does

it begins to blink rapidly when it is recording something

Thanks man.
Can you tell me how long you have to wait for the blue light to turn on after shutting the car's power?

Much appreciated!

i do not recall off hand, but definitely less than a minute

oh they finally posted it to their web site!

thanks

i know! tell me about it..
dang i didn't get a chance to change the wiring on my car..
hoping tomorrow i can get this done so i can finally get parking mode to work

i got the new rear camera and everything works now. yay

That's good to hear man..
I'm also glad my "parking mode" is working great.
at first it was way to sensitive even at setting #3, i had to bump it up to setting #4 (higher the number less sensitive....go figure)

Great camera..
Definitely going to order another one, once we get another car. :D

Really? How did you come to this conclusion about motion detection sensitivity? I have mine set to low, but it is still too sensitive for street parking.

Motion sensitivity I had to turn off,
But Shock sensitivity for parking works well at 4...
Shock sensitivity for driving is set all the way up to 9 since i really do not need it to create
events on every bump i hit.

It's weird why they set higher numbers as less sensitive..
wish there was a switch to turn motion sensitivity on and off, so that when parked on a street facing moving cars
we have the option of turning it off, but oh wells...

I really can't find what I'm looking for so I must be blind :)
I can't find the bitrate (is that what it's called?) To work out how long it will record for on a 32gb card. I assume 10 hours?

young-nyc said:
Motion sensitivity I had to turn off,
But Shock sensitivity for parking works well at 4...
Shock sensitivity for driving is set all the way up to 9 since i really do not need it to create
events on every bump i hit.

It's weird why they set higher numbers as less sensitive..
wish there was a switch to turn motion sensitivity on and off, so that when parked on a street facing moving cars
we have the option of turning it off, but oh wells...

i may turn off motion detect as well. it seems like it could be fixed with a firmware update in the future, but right now it just records EVERYTHING at any setting

i bet turning off motion detect saves a ton of battery

tofu said:
i bet turning off motion detect saves a ton of battery

I'm sure it does..
i have it set to 12.1V , motion detection off, and left it on my drive way over night and the car is still good the next morning...

Hello to everyone.
I feel my self very stupid, but I can not understand why my PC Viewer does not play the video. I choose SD card, can change settings but video did not run at all.
Use Windows 7 32 and 64 bit

tofu said:
here's my video:

windshield is tinted 50%

cloudy day

i probably have fingerprint smudges on the lens because i touched it while adjusting the cam

rear camera still broken. tested another usb wire, as well as using a multimeter on the original wire (to make sure it was ok), and came to the conclusion that one of the cameras is malfunctioning
Quality looks superb on your video, everyone agree?
Did people get hold of English firmware and software?
I wonder if the single channel urine cam is as good, nm.. That urine is not full HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you guys change the motion detection on or off? I don't get any blue blinking light when parked.

Also, I bought the cigarette charger instead of the hard wiring, if I left the cigarette charger in there will it eat my battery? I haven't touched the car for 2 days because I only drive on the weekends and take the train to work during the weekdays. Should I go out and pull the plug out?

New to the forum, I have been lurking for a bit and bought the URIVE 8000 based on this thread. I have a few questions and hopefully someone can chime in and help me out. I wired up the camera up according to the manual, black to ground, red directly to batter, and yellow to accessory. At this time I hooked the front camera up to verify it was working before final mount, I still have not hooked up the rear camera yet. I am not getting anything, no lights, no buzz, nothing. I checked the power plug and show 12 volts at the plug and when I check to ground. I cannot check the ground at on the plug itself as I don't have anything small enough to insert into the plug hole. I am 99.9 percent certain the wiring is correct and all connections are good. I have a bad feeling the unit is defective, but hopefully some answers to these questions can clear this up, any suggestions, comments, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

My questions are:
How long after the unit is plugged in before you see lights or hear the buzz, especially on initial start up? I seen in the manual it said 20 seconds, I let it go about 30 and nothing, no lights, no buzz, nothing.

How do you change the settings in the viewer? I clicked on the black box settings and see where I can make changes, but everything is grayed out and will not allow any changes.

Does the rear camera need to be plugged in for the front camera to work?

I am sure I will have more questions once I get this up and going.

Thanks
Mike

Is there an english version for the URIVE Shotgun PC Viewer?

It is either showing Korean or weird mixed scrambled characters.

I have no idea what it is saying or doing.

And when do I know if my camera is recording? I was driving today all day today and when I checked the microsd card in my computer there were no files recorded.

Do I have to push the R or M button?

Damn I wish this thing have a freaking LCD screen, this is so confusing.

Back