Urive MD-8000P Shotgun Dual Lens 1080p/720p

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I know a lot of people have been asking for a Full HD dual camera. Recently the Korean company Urive released the MD-8000P Shotgun. This camera has 1080p @ 30fps for the front camera and 1280x720p @ 30fps for the rear camera. This may be the first dual camera that can record at these resolutions. The camera does not have GPS (likely can be purchased separately) and it records at 20fps in parking mode. It has a G-sensor and built in power discharge protection. The camera looks sleek and the rear camera appears to be quite small.

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P.jpg

Dash Cam Man

Here are some pictures of the front camera mounted.

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P%20Mount%201.jpg

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P%20Mount%202.jpg

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P%20Mount%203.jpg

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P%20Mount%204.jpg

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P%20Mount%205.jpg

Pictures of the rear camera mounted.

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P%20Rear%20Mount%201.jpg

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P%20Rear%20Mount%202.jpg

Urive%20Shotgun%20MD-8000P%20Rear%20Mount%203.jpg

Right now, 2 sellers have it on eBay:
apple-ct for $350

and dream-seller for $450.

There is likely very little English support for this camera right now (i.e. firmware and manual) but they do have an English website. I am still trying to find some videos of this camera (day and night) to see if it is worth the money.

Dash Cam Man

Here are some videos from the manufacturer. I would prefer end user videos but this is what I was able to find so far.

Day Video (it has GPS so that is probably an external GPS unit)

Night Videos

Still looking for rear camera videos.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a user's video during the day of the front (1080p) and back (720p).

Another front (1080p) and rear (720p) example.

A night video from a user for the front camera only.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:

I can see that there is a big difference will you test night camera view in the city center or rural area with fewer lights, or no street lights at all.
Just like overall sharpness at daytime look much better in city when buildings are close and there is lots of straight lines, rather that countryside with long distances with trees or bushes.
That tells me that you must test camera just where you live, in same conditions that you spend your everyday life.

Sabe said:
DashCamMan said:

I can see that there is a big difference will you test night camera view in the city center or rural area with fewer lights, or no street lights at all.
Just like overall sharpness at daytime look much better in city when buildings are close and there is lots of straight lines, rather that countryside with long distances with trees or bushes.
That tells me that you must test camera just where you live, in same conditions that you spend your everyday life.

Great point Sabe. The manufacturers always show off there cameras in perfect conditions at night, with a lot of street lights and building lights to make the picture seem great.

Dash Cam Man

This cam seems to shot awesome videos, the only problem that I see with it is that it's built as an entertainment device and not as a surveillance one. Having the storage at reach in case someone breaks into the car is not quite right IMHO. However, it serves well any other purposes though. If the buggy camera I have with the Itronics ITB-500 will finally blow I may look into getting one of these maybe.

Hi mituc,

The mobile DVR's with a separate unit for storage and cameras is a much better solution for surveillance. Unfortunately, the quality of these devices is not the greatest.

Another alternative is to consider a dash cam with WIFI and have it stream the video to another device in the vehicle such as a smart phone.

The dash cam market is just starting to grow so I imagine a lot of better devices from a capability and quality perspective will be released soon. Until the MD-8000P, I could not find a dual lens camera with 1080p front and 720p back. It is just a matter of time before a manufacturer releases 1080p for front and back with a separate processing / storage unit.

Dash Cam Man

I don't think there's any to be honest, I've been searching for almost two months and never found one. And the ITB-500HD is also unique with its 720p/720p dual setup.

This is my first post. So may I say, thanks for good website and info :)

I'm looking for my first dash cam, and considered different cams from bottom to top price ranges, but undecided.

My ideal option is front cam with combined rear cam like MD-8000P but with an internal GPS. Do you have any further info on the GPS on this model?

The GPS modules are pretty much standard, they don't really differ. So make sure you ask your vendor about a GPS module compatible with this device.

Hi 5wany,

I`m not aware of any dual camera with 1080p front and 720p rear at 30fps with internal GPS. There is very little information from Urive on the GPS. mituc`s suggestion of asking the vendor for a compatible GPS is your best bet.

Dash Cam Man

Thanks..
I bit the bullet and just ordered one last night from apple-ct.
i asked about converting kmh to mph.
He told me a US software should be released that allows for this.
But for now, since i won't have gps connected, it wouldnt' matter.
I just hope the whole software isn't in korean. ;)

Name of the camera is worst, i see urine every time :lol:

Sabe said:
Name of the camera is worst, i see urine every time :lol:

haha..being korean, i can say,yeah they aren't the best with naming their products

Back