Urive Shotgun Map Location Several Miles Off

ssnapier

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Urive Shotgun
I recently installed my Urive shotgun and when I viewed the video, it showed my location abot 35 miles away from my actual location. Is there some period of adjustment involved with this devices or is this a glitch in the viewing software? The firmware is up to date and I am using the latest version of the windows software.

I got an email reply from Midong (the manufacturer) and they are aware of the issue. They asked me to send them some files from my camera... so more to follow I guess.

Same here, just bought the shotgun, and gps shows 45 miles away on google maps, and the driving record lat/long shows me somewhere in India. The time stamp on the files is also over a day off, even though I set it appropriately including the time zone in the setup menu on the viewer. Images are great, and velocity and g force data are accurate. Another squawk is that when I turn the car off it stays in driving mode more often than not, even though I have the ACC lead properly wired to a lighter socket that has power turned off when the key is turned off. Anyone having similar issues and any fixes would be appreciated.

Oh, and tell me where to email Midong support please.

Well, they have released a new software update that fixes the main screen map overlay, but the trace route function still thinks I am in China. I notified them of the remaining issue on Friday, so hopefully they get that sorted out. Here is the link to the updated software:

http://www.urive.co.kr/english/customer/download.html?category=25

This is the address of the person I have been emailing with: himaeng@midongent.com but they also have a primary address (what I used to report the issue intially) and that is urive@urive.co.kr

Back