USB cable to computer?

dwpc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got my A118 but it raining so I'm waiting 'til tomorrow to put it in the truck. I hooked it up to my laptop and it shows two line; "Mass Storage" and "PC Camera". It appears that I'd be able to access the files stored on the camera and move them in the Mass Storage mode, but I haven't a clue what the PC Camera mode means.

I'm assuming I can't access the menu or format the SD while its seeing a true USB link with data handshake. Correct? I'll have to plug it into the truck to format the SD and do settings.

I'm assuming I can't access the menu or format the SD while its seeing a true USB link with data handshake. Correct? I'll have to plug it into the truck to format the SD and do settings.
That's correct. You can also use just about any USB cell phone charger as a power source.

PC camera mode is like a web cam. The chipset supports it so I guess they threw it in there as a free bullet point on the feature list, which probably only one person will ever use... But it's there if anyone wants it! Lol

Back