usb doesnt work - anything to do?

white_lion

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
hello guys,
I have one question.
On my Yi everything was great until last week when my micro usb stopped working. So, I cant charge my battery without external charger and either SD card is not recognized on PC. I tried different usb cables, but nothing happend. I have SD card reader, and external charger, but its very annoying everytime using this to check some pics or videos. (I know its not the biggest problem in the world :D)
So, does anyone know how can I fix this or is... there maybe some website where I can order new hardware with only usb port (I saw on the YT that we can disconnect this, it has two screws)?
Btw, camera can read and write on SD card.
Tnx in advance, and sorry for my grammer.

Go to any gsm repair company in your town and ask them to replace micro usb socket. Mike

Or try to reset the firmware and reinstall it.
Maybe move the usb a little bit around. Had the same issue, and was more software than hardware related

tnx guys...
I already disassemble every part of the camera, reflashed new software, tried to reset but nothing...
Probably will need to change micro usb socket, cuz camera can read SD card and also micro hdmi works without problem.
Right now Im just scared of any software brick cuz than I wont be able to recover it trough elf..

btw, does this camera have any spare parts on the market like motherboard and stuff?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andy_S Yi Action Camera 1
Back