USB host mode on Yi 4k?

arsenix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. I have looked around online and not found any indication of this, but since this is Yi hacking central I wanted to inquire.

Has anyone tried using USB host mode on the Yi 4k cameras? Know if the USB-C port supports it? Reason I ask is that I would like to hook a usb to ethernet adapter into the camera to allow remote control over wired network.

Thanks!

Hey !

By default you won't be able to connect the Yi 4k as USB host mode. There is not the driver.
But I manage to compile a driver, USB gadget "g_ethernet".
It work for my Yi connected to my computer but I do not have lot of tester so I do not know if that work for eveybody.
I did not tried it yet on my smartphone cause I do not have an UST OTG adaptater. I bought one 2 weeks ago on Aliexpress and I am waiting for it. BTW someone tried to connect its phone but did not manage to get the connection.

If you want, I have opened a Discord server for Yi 4k discussion, follow the link on my signature. You will get more information there.
I am on another project now so I am going slowly on the Yi 4k developement.

Ah I see.

So you compiled the g_ether driver and installed onto the Yi which then allowed it to emulate a network interface over its USB port when connected to a computer? Hm. This could potentially work for what we are doing.

Is there a usb gadget for anything else? A serial port control would also work for us.

Yes, I manage to compile all USB Gadget but did not use them all yet.
The interesting one is the g_multi.
For serial, I already use the g_serial one to be able to develop without wifi connection.
If you are interested, I could send you these drivers to test but tomorrow.
I will let an archive on Discord.

Back