USB microphone specs

tim_m99

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wondering if anyone know some details regarding the usb microphone port?
Does it provide power to a plugin microphone?
If so what mini usb to 3.5mm jack would work with this (and provide the power)?
I have a Giant Squid Audio lavalier microphone already and would like to be able to use this if possible. It requires 'plug-in power' having voltage output from between 1.5 to 10 volts.
Thanks

ps I got an adaptor along with other stuff in a kit I bought but I don't think it is wired right for this camera (screen switches off on plugin and there is no sound - even if I pass the mic through a recorder (Zoom H1))

The microphone spec is the same as a GoPro microphone, you can get adaptors for jack socket microphones.

It does provide power, it needs a 10 pin mini USB plug with a resistor which specifies if the microphone is there and stereo or mono.

It sounds like your adaptor has a resistor to tell it that it is a video output cable, thus the screen turning off!

If you do a search on this forum you should find posts giving the resistor values.

Note that there are a lot of GoPro microphone adaptor cables about with the wrong resistor values, some result in mono only, some still use the internal microphone so are useless!

One of the listed adaptors here which comes from gearbest doesn't appear to have a resistor.
Anyone used one of these adaptors that actually works and can tell me the source?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Git2 5
Q Git2 20
D Git2 2
J Git2 18
Back