USB support?

jspenguin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone confirm whether or not the camera will go into "Mass Storage" mode when plugged into a computer? The manual says it's not supported, but the manual for the SG9665GC says the same thing and it works just fine.

it's not supported as the output of the computer is too low, same goes for the SG9665GC, you can damage the camera doing it, one of the reasons we supply card readers with every camera and don't supply USB cables so that people don't get tempted to plug them into PC's, dashcams make for very poor card readers anyway

But does it work at all, though? With my SG9665GC, I'm using a special board that supplies power from the adapter that comes with it, but connects the data lines (and ground) to a Raspberry Pi. It is supplying the full amount of power regardless of how much power the USB port supplies.

I canceled my order, then. Maybe I'll order one in the future if it fully supports auto-uploading to a local SMB/CIFS share over Wifi, which is why I connected my SG9665GC to the Pi in the first place.

Back