USB to DC power adapter?

JoshSmith

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello!

So I was looking at the Lukas LK 7950, and unfortunately it has a barrel DC power adapter. But I wanted to run it on a lithium power bank, are there after market adapters that go from DC power outlet to a usb plug that I could use to power the dash cam?

This is the closest thing I can think of from the top of my head:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00BUJCMUQ
Not sure if any of those bits would fit though unfortunately so it would be a gamble.

Hello!

So I was looking at the Lukas LK 7950, and unfortunately it has a barrel DC power adapter. But I wanted to run it on a lithium power bank, are there after market adapters that go from DC power outlet to a usb plug that I could use to power the dash cam?

I hooked up a power bank to a GS8000L to see if it would work. This power bank has a cord with a standard USB on one end and a mini connector on the other end. (not sure what it's called but it's not called a "MiniUSB"). It is shaped like this: \_/. not like this (__).
The PB's instructions say to put the std.USB in the wall charger and the mini in the power bank to charge the PB. I reversed those, putting the std.USB in the power bank and the mini in the camera. It powered up the camera just fine.

are there after market adapters that go from DC power outlet to a usb plug that I could use to power the dash cam?
Do you mean something like this, 3.5mm: or like this one, 2.5mm:
31jwo6NaFTL._SY355_.jpg

USB2-203.jpg

The lukas is 12 V, all of them i think, or have that changed with the newer dual cams ???

I have a "plan" to run my 5 port USB power supply with one of the lipo batteries i have for my HID torch, i think you can allso draw power on the same barrel plug as you use when charging them.

If its 12 V you can power it of somthing like this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/301776949619
Make sure to get a proper lipo charger for your battery, any old charger you might have lying around wont cut it, unless you want to set fire to your new battery.

EDIT : Just noticed charger is included with this battery, if you go for this or simmilar contact seller to make sure battery have discharge protection build in, was not able to see that with this battery.

Just make sure battery have a discharge protection unit, if you discharge lipo batteries below 3.0 V on each cell you damage them.

This is a small HID torch battery, but you can see the charge port barrel connector on the left side.

Genuine-HID-24W-SupFire-SureFire-flashlight-xenon-lamp-special-rechargeable-lithium-battery-2200-mA.jpg

Just did the search thing the Lukas LK 7950 is 10 - 24 V input voltage.

• Input Voltage: 10v to 24v
  • Operating Temperature: -30 to +70C
  • Size/Weight - UV Filter Built in GPS: Front Camera 109x99x38mm 161g Rear Camera 50x26x31mm 25g
  • Video Compression: H.264 (High Profile), AVI Format
  • Current Consumption: 370mA (13.4V) within Approx. 4.9W (with GPS + WiFi)
  • Storage Medium: SD 8GB + microSD 8GB Standard (Max 256GB SD + 256GB microSD)
  • WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n/ (2.4-2.4835 GHz)

Last edited:
Hello!

Does it have a Mini or Micro USB port for connecting to a computer? My ION camera was a DC barrel connection, however, I discovered that I could plug my Micro USB cable into it's port and it would also power it! Wouldn't work from the computer though as it would turn into a mass storage device. Worth a shot though.

Back