Use A119 v1 with GPS or only A119 or just get A119v2?

joms

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am in the Philippines and I purchased A119 (w/GPS) via the internet (USA) 6months ago and had a friend bring it here. Now I read that there's a version 2 which solves the problem of the A119 turning on/off when using the GPS.

Question:
1) Is the A119 version1 still usable with the GPS?
2) Should I still install the GPS or just throw it and install the A119 only?
3) Are there any other problems with the A119 version 1 that was solved with the version 2?
4) Should I just stop everything and get an A119 version 2 because its so much better? (it will take a long time to get it though and i'd like to install it ASAP)

Note: I also purchased the polarized filter.

Thanks.

A119 V1 + V1 GPS is only stable (for the most part) if you plug power directly into the side of the camera bypassing the GPS power port. (GPS will still function)

A119 V1 camera is not compatible with V2 GPS mount
A119 V2 camera is not compatible with V1 GPS mount

When I resell used A119 V1 units, I leave the GPS mount out of the box and toss it in the trash. (not worth the risk)

A119 V2 is very stable. You'll be much happier.

Ah so A119 V1 + V1 GPS is still usable. I guess its still good to install then. I will just do as you say and insert the power plug on the side of the camera.

A119 V1 + V1 GPS is only stable (for the most part) if you plug power directly into the side of the camera bypassing the GPS power port. (GPS will still function)

When I resell used A119 V1 units, I leave the GPS mount out of the box and toss it in the trash. (not worth the risk)

A119 V2 is very stable. You'll be much happier. o_O

Sure. Just like they sad that the A118V2 was going to be much better then the A118.

They will run out of version numbers very very soon.

They are really good in creating versions.(y)

just my .02 cents.

V2 they completely redesigned the connection system on the back of the camera. It's a wider flex connector rather then a tiny pogo spring pin. The connection remains stable.
There is new EVA compression foam as well to make things even tighter.
Lens assembly has been improved as well.

VIOFO always improves things with each production, manufacturing is a complicated process and their is always room for improvement.

V2 they completely redesigned the connection system on the back of the camera. It's a wider flex connector rather then a tiny pogo spring pin. The connection remains stable.
There is new EVA compression foam as well to make things even tighter.
Lens assembly has been improved as well.

VIOFO always improves things with each production, manufacturing is a complicated process and their is always room for improvement.

Hmmm...

I see. they improve things right?

what do I do with my A118? sell it to u with their "improvements" ?

How much will u pay me since u sell used camera?

its mint. running in the back of my car.

Oh . I forgot... they came up with the A118 V2 which rendered A118 obsolete right?

Cmon. honestly?

I don't think the street guardian plays the game that way..

i shoulda bought a very reliable camera with exceptional customer service.

before u post yet again read all my posts from inception.

i am no expert but i did my research before i bought the Viofo.....Oh and ... yes Jokiin is a manufacturer and gave me the incentive to go ahead cuz I was short of funds at the time.

i would have bought his product hands down if i had the money at the time...my 20 cents

cascagrossa - im only new to this so i dont know much but are you suggesting that i buy street guardian instead? or jokiin? thanks

cascagrossa - im only new to this so i dont know much but are you suggesting that i buy street guardian instead? or jokiin? thanks

Yes. i am.

spend the extra money.

read all my posts from inception and u will see how much effort i placed before buying the Viofo.

and yes. Jokiin helped me a lot and I DIDN't buy his camera cuz i was short of money.

now i am not and i will probably trash all the viofo cameras.. or maybe OCD TRONIC out of the goodness of his heart will buy all of them from me for a very special price.

I am in no way associated whatsoever with Street guardian or Jokiin.

He just helped the bejeesus out of it and went out of his way to provide me the pros and cons.

its ok to to be a manufacturer and a seller. its a cut throat out there but Really. A118;A118V2 A119;A119 V2 and A119S.

wtf is going on here?

is this a version game or a business?

and by the way... they promised improvements in image quality where is it? which version ? which firmware?

sorry but i am really pissed off.
cheers

wait, i just read that only the A119S V1 has a problem with the GPS mount when the power cord is connected to the GPS. Some say that the A119 V1 is not affected by this. Can someone confirm this ?

A119 = Aptina Sensor
Slightly higher resolution for best day performance. Special Lens to suit this sensor

A119S = Sony Sensor. Larger pixel back side eliminated sensor = better night performance. Special lens to suit this sensor

Everything else is the same between A119 and A119S. Same CPU, same housing, same V2 GPS since May 2017, same accessories. Nearly the same firmware features.

Both V1 A119 and V1 A119S suffer the same GPS pass through pogo pin connection issue.

Cmon OCD TRONIC.

please make me an offer.

How much r u willing to pay for 2 used 1 year old A119 v1 and one A118 v1?

please dont offend me cuz I want to buy at least one street guardian. we can swapp also...

shipping is on me.

be a real retailer and stand up behind what u say in public

Cascagrossa - May i know where is your post in inception? (is that another forum site). Also, is street guardian and Jokiin one and the same? Is Jokiin a person/shop/retailer or is it a product?

Sorry im just new to this.

Any OCD Tronic Customer that bought an A119/A119S V1 can contact me for a new V2 replacement under warranty.

I’m not looking to buy back products sold by other VIOFO sellers.

Street Guardian definitely puts in maximum effort when it comes to quality checks and customer support.

I operate both OCD Tronic USA and Street Guardian USA stores and dashcamtalk user names by the way.
-Jon

Cascagrossa - May i know where is your post in inception? (is that another forum site). Also, is street guardian and Jokiin one and the same? Is Jokiin a person/shop/retailer or is it a product?

Jokiin is the factory for Street Guardian. He’s based in Australia and has offices in China as well. It’s a global team effort.

Last edited:
Any OCD Tronic Customer that bought an A119/A119S V1 can contact us for a new V2 replacement under warranty.

I’m not looking to buy back products sold by other VIOFO sellers.

Street Guardian definitely puts in maximum effort when it comes to quality checks and customer support.

I operate both OCD Tronic USA and Street Guardian USA stores and dashcamtalk user names by the way.
-Jon

I am not a VIOFO seller.

I am a VIOFO ripped off client FWIW.

u said that u sell used cameras.

i am offering it to you in public to buy from me (customer)(not retailer manufacturer etc...)

before u keep praising VIOFo ripp off work

wtf does a manufacturer need so many versions of the same product with the only 2 most known lenses in the market(sony and ambarella).
What for?

would u care to explain.

yes... no manufacturer beats street guardian product and customer service. you know why?

Hes not out there to make a quick buck.

reality hurts

Jokiin is the factory for Street Guardian. He’s based in Australia and has offices in China as well. It’s a global team effort.

wow.. R u answering questions directed at myself for myself?

quite a feat man.

and by the way... my warranty expired on the 16th of September.

I wouldn't sell nothing to u anyway.

keep up the sales pitch

My first post here was last year.

i assume that u may be able to track my posts somehow.

sorry man .. I am very angry atm with VIOFO.

by the way .. ur from Philipines right?
I am not saying that ur poor or rich but money doesnt grow on trees right?
i have travelled half of the world by now and i know exactly what Manilla is in terms of poverty.

Please do not make a hasty decision based on my experience by I assure you that SG is the best money spent for a great camera for about 200 bux.

cheers

Sorry about your bad experience. I know the duty and taxes are quite high in Brazil so importing anything is very expensive for you.

Joms.

most of it is outta my chest now.

click on my logo.

all my posts are there.

Follow the trail on it and u will see my whole story.

I am just a common man like you.
ur looking for information right?

its here.

u get what u pay for and u can buy a 2000 bux camera which most likely wont impress u any better then the SG.

look online for video comparisons.

look as to what u really need and pay the piper.

dont take my route.
ucant afford the extra money now wait a bit.

i had a serious illness problem in the family at the time and I drive a lot to work.

like i said. at my age i think i have been to enough places (except China) ( they may execute me now for bashing a Chinese rip off company LMFAO(y)
i needed it and was careless.
cheers

Back