Use of cord/plug cover w/SG9663DCPRO

K-A

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian SG9663DCPRO
Hi again,

Looking on page 21 of the SG9663DCPRO users manual at the included parts, I am not sure about part 25, the "cord/plug cover". It seems like trying to put it up will severely kink the GPS sensor cable at the end of its strain relief. I also only see two cable clip things molded into the plastic.

Thank you.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Be sure to use the (#7) 90 degree GPS plug adapter
Cord Cover (#25) is best used with the thicker mount (#22) so everything lines up better.
Cord Cover is optional, not everyone will use it.

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
The final look of the cover after installation (routing cables) going to look like this

DCCOVER (6).jpg

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i never even noticed i had one in the box, looks cool, wouldn't suit my install any way as i have the top of it pretty much against the top of the window and in my new car install it would hang out the side too far and not look good.

OP
K

K-A

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian SG9663DCPRO
I completely missed that part. Now I have to only tangle with the SGDCHW power USB cord to get what niko is showing?

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I would not use that part the way my camera are installed ( with most of it obscured by the dotted area on my windscreen ) also the wires on the side are nicely bundled up with no bird nest associations.
IF ! you have a car where you have to install the camera lower down on the glass, then it might be a consideration.

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
IF ! you have a car where you have to install the camera lower down on the glass, then it might be a consideration.
Yes, that’s what it’s for. Mine are all mounted high enough up by the headliners to obviate the cover.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Using the #26 mesh cord cover sleeve is good enough for most. That’s what I use since it’s mounted on the left side of the mirror in my Ford Explorer.