Use of emergency video

tjabbie

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hija.

I just got my 70mai 800s. When looking at the settings... I don't understand the use of the emergency video. It's recording in loop mode the whole time... so why is there an extra feature like emergency video?

Welcome to the forum tjabbie.

The manual event creation are nice to have for saving the little things, i use to just do it by memory which lead to me forgetting a lot.
Now i use the event button, and loose nothing, even if i only make a video like once every month.

And the cameras i use well they recycle protected files too / eventually when that assigned memory space run out, but there is plenty of room in there so no problems even if in cases pressing the event file mean over a GB of footage will be saved.

You do also often have the option to have G - sensor save files when driving, but thats just silly as you say the camera record all the time anyway, and no problem we would notice it if we got hit, even if it was just a little.
So G- sensor while driving are banned in my cameras, i dont need false events from driving over potholes to fill my event folder.

Not sure what yi mean with emergency recording, i sort of have a feeling it is G - sensor on while driving, if it is that you should not turn it on.
Manual emergency button should be available all the time without enabling it in the menu.

BUT ! i am not familiar with YI cameras.

Back