useless as an accident dashcam ( only 30 seconds protected on button push )

Someone )I'm sure it was on here) said that he was in a small RTA and reached up to press his button, but in doing so also forgot what his feet were doing and he shot forward and damaged a car ahead if him.

Maybe trying to save a file isn't always the best policy...

** Just playing devil's advocate **. ;)

Totally agree, I still say just let the dashcam do its thing and have all files in the same place and consecutive.

Someone )I'm sure it was on here) said that he was in a small RTA and reached up to press his button, but in doing so also forgot what his feet were doing and he shot forward and damaged a car ahead if him.

Maybe trying to save a file isn't always the best policy...

** Just playing devil's advocate **. ;)
would honestly love to see that video, remembering a video from my local area where someone was using a merge in turn and the car beside him wasnt having it and accelerated up, cammer honked at her and she proceeded to rear end the car in front:ROFLMAO:

even if you don't RTFM then nobody should expect any dashcam to be fit and forget! Constant rewriting of video to a memory card can cause problems. If you want to rely on your dashcam then you need to check its data occasionally.
I would never buy a dashcam without RTFM very carefully - trouble is they are not always accurate to start with and possibly worse after a firmware update.

I consider my Viofo to be fit and forget - it reminds me to format the card monthly (my choice) and surprisingly has a very good shock sensor which I have adjusted to trigger at anything more than a major pothole - job done.

Obviously everybody has different needs and/or expectations of their dashcam - I wholeheartedly agreed with the OP's thoughts so I thought it would be nice to counter some of the multitude of gainsayers that popped up!

Enough said.

Back