Using 12V dual usb adapters to charge the mobius

cherrys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for one so I can charge my phone and run my mobius simultaneously. (will be hardwiring shortly).

A lot of the usb splitters say not to be used with sat navs/dashcams, anyone got any experience using these?

Thanks

They'll work, temporarily, unless you get a totally junky one. (very possible) :)

I'm using a single official tomtom 12v USB charger, and it seems to be working ok. I used to use a 3 way 12v charger it wasn't a 5 amp output it was 7.5 amp output I think and at times it seemed to mess up the recordings as it didn't record parts of my journeys

I'm using a single official tomtom 12v USB charger, and it seems to be working ok. I used to use a 3 way 12v charger it wasn't a 5 amp output it was 7.5 amp output I think and at times it seemed to mess up the recordings as it didn't record parts of my journeys
The one I bought says 5V dual adapter. Works fine when I tried. Will that out put cause issues?

The one I bought says 5V dual adapter. Works fine when I tried. Will that out put cause issues?

5VDC output is fine. Amp is more important. Mobius needs 1 amp minimum to work properly. More amp is better.

I fitted in my dash a twin usb thing with LED voltmeter in it, I have measured output and it puts out 1.6 amps on the 1 amp side and 2.9 amp on the 2.4 amp side both running continuously, it was about £4 from fasttech.com.
A good one I got was with my Garmin as it has ciggy lighter and twin usb in it and plugs into std fag socket

I've got a 2.4A Anker ciggie-to-dual-USB running my Mobius 24/7 and it has charged my phone as well as ran a second cam at times. Never a problem in over 2 years constant use :) Stay with the good brands and beware fakes, then you'll be OK. Much of the off-brand stuff doesn't deliver that advertised power level :( I always feed each cam with at least 1.5A which seems to always be plenty :cool:

Phil

Back