Using 64GB SD card

Gio_2015

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I've bought 2 different SD cards now and still have this same issue.

Both SD cards record and I'm able to see videos through wifi...but everytime I plug it into my laptop it says that it cannot be recognized or can't be opened (this is with video in the sd card).

However, if I go into the disk itself and delete everything on it...my laptop opens it up normally, without issues.

When I use the pittasoft SD card, I never have this issue with video on the card or not and I can actually view the videos on my laptop.

Anybody else experience this or have any resolutions?

I have a Mac, if that makes a difference

Really nobody????
I wonder how the Blackvue format system works.. pushing / holding the WiFi button supposedly formats the card, but as the Mac and Windows system are different (I think) how does the Blackvue know which way to go? Is a duel method possible?

I have the solution Gio.

The button hold down to format the card in the unit, formats the card to a protocol that is not friendly to the OS X. It works perfectly in the Blackvue, however renders the card useless to view in OS X. You need to format the card in Disk Utility (On your Mac) to the format MS DOS (FAT 32). This will allow the card to be read by both machines. It is as simple as that. I had this problem myself.

But running 64gb card, Mac and Blackvue for a month now flawlessly.

You dont format a 64gb card in the camera I understand

I have tried using 2 SanDisk Ultra Class 10 cards to no avail. The rear camera will not record using the 64gb cards?

The rear camera works OK with a 32gb SanDisk Ultimate card.

I have paid the exorbitant price $89AU, for the 64gig Blackvue branded card, it has better work.

Received the 64gb Blackvue card and the rear camera still does not work.

I have returned both cameras for a replacement.

On checking the blackvue card, it's made by NETCOM TECHNOLOGY (HK) LTD.

I can't find out much about the company, I was trying to see what other brands they make that may be cheaper

I have tried using 2 SanDisk Ultra Class 10 cards to no avail. The rear camera will not record using the 64gb cards?

The rear camera works OK with a 32gb SanDisk Ultimate card.

I have paid the exorbitant price $89AU, for the 64gig Blackvue branded card, it has better work.

Hi,

BlackVue SD Cards are tailored to work in the cameras and are not just re-branded Sandisk ultra or Kingston class 10 cards.

If you compare the specifications of the BlackVue cards read & write speed, it performs to a similar level of other 64gb cards which are for sale for $120+ in Australia.

We understand your concern over the price, but if the Sandisk cards were all compatible then we would offer those as a cheaper alternative.

The fact is not all cards are equal, yes they may be the same size and all say 'class 10' but they have different controllers and are manufactured to different specifications.

We understand your concern over the rear camera and an sd card will not usually create this particular problem, but a non-genuine card can create other issues such as error messages, skipping footage and corrupted data.

Thank you,

We understand your concern over the rear camera and an sd card will not usually create this particular problem, but a non-genuine card can create other issues such as error messages, skipping footage and corrupted data.

I totally agree on this. Example. I change the SD Card to Lexer 32GB and does not work but use 64GB it works. Surprisingly, Transcend works fantastically well for both 32Gb and 64GB. Sandisk and Kingston, does not work. Try it on my old DR600. So far I am using Transcend, I do not have skipping footage and corrupted file. In short, prefer to use BlackVue and if no choice use Transcend.

Thank you

I am still confused?

I have read posts from members saying that they are using non Blackvue cards without any problems.

Even the last post said Transcend work, well, the Transcend 64gb cards (95MB/s 60MB/Write)
are half the price of the Blackvue.

Therefore, I assumed (wrongly it seems) that despite others saying SanDisk, Transcend etc. cards would work, they don't?

It's an easy fix, I will exclusively use Blackvue cards. :)

Last edited:
I am running a 64gb Samsung card with absolutely no issues at all. It has been getting used now for 6 weeks.

I am running a 64gb Samsung card with absolutely no issues at all. It has been getting used now for 6 weeks.

We found some of the 3rd party cards will work for 6-10 weeks before having problems, others only 1-2 weeks. The life-cycle of the cards and design process just don't cater for dash camera use.

Sandisk have released an endurance range which they state are designed for dash cam use. And of course they are a lot more expensive than their standard cards.

I will keep you posted on how the durability of this card goes.

Lexar UHS-I 300x 64Gb card installed almost 8 weeks ago, still running perfectly. Parking mode in use too, so the card has been active almost constantly.
Originally formatted in the Blackvue, and readable by my MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks, and El Capitan installed.

Lexar UHS-I 300x 64Gb card installed almost 8 weeks ago, still running perfectly. Parking mode in use too, so the card has been active almost constantly.
Originally formatted in the Blackvue, and readable by my MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks, and El Capitan installed.

I have just bought one of these cards as a back up.

Cool, mine is still going without issues. I have spent about 3 hours a day in the car over the past couple of weeks.
Parking mode is on too, so it's had plenty of use.

been testing Transcend 64GB mircoSDXC-1 Class 10 Premium 300x for my Dr750LW-2CH and it works fine for the past 3 weeks.

Transcend MircoSDXC-1 64GB.jpg

Back