Using a 32gb class 10 card, camera only loops over 8gb

Gryffes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So as the title says, the camera isn't using 30gb then deleting the first file, it's only using 8gb, and looping over that.

Using a class 10 samsung card, and the GPS with no internal memory model.

Any ideas? I didn't see anyone else with this problem :(

Formatted in the camera, and ordered directly from samsung.

I would still run a test on the card, could be faulty, memory card link in my signature has links to the various software

Thanks for the replies, I've downloaded and reformatted using SDFormatter, and run h2testw - which fully wrote and verified with no errors.

I'm now leaving the camera recording for a few hours to see if the problem is still there.

Using SDFormatter seems to have fixed the issue.

To be clear, I formatted the card using the cameras format function, and was stuck with it only looping the first 8gb on the card.

I formatted using SDFormatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

and it now functions correctly.

I wonder if this is a firmware bug. What fw version do you have and do you have 8gb of internal memory in the 0803?

David

It's with GPS, without internal memory.
Firmware is 20140611 v1

We believe the FW version you specified is for two cards.
As far as I know it doesnt matter if you use a firmware for two cards wirh just a single card.

Using SDFormatter seems to have fixed the issue.

To be clear, I formatted the card using the cameras format function, and was stuck with it only looping the first 8gb on the card.

I formatted using SDFormatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

and it now functions correctly.
I think it formats in FAT16 format which does not support 32GBytes.

You can format 32 GBytes in Windows if you select FAT32 format before pressing Start.

If you have a card bigger than 32GBytes then it will be a MicroSD XC card and then neither Windows or the sdcard.org formatter will format it as FAT32 as they consider FAT32 to be not supported by XC cards so you then have to use an unofficial formatter such as guiformat.exe http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

As far as I know it doesnt matter if you use a firmware for two cards wirh just a single card.

We believe that there are different versions of FW for internal memory.

Yes there are different fw versions but they work with any memory configuration

Yes there are different fw versions but they work with any memory configuration

Thank you very much. I was interested in this article, for the fact being that I planned on using a 32 gb SDHC Class 10 Sandisk card. Do you think I'll have any problems formatting? Operating Windows 7. Not as strong in software as in hardware, so I'd like to ask a question. I believe that the memory card has to be formatted in the camera. How else could one format a card without using the given device?

Thank you very much. I was interested in this article, for the fact being that I planned on using a 32 gb SDHC Class 10 Sandisk card. Do you think I'll have any problems formatting? Operating Windows 7. Not as strong in software as in hardware, so I'd like to ask a question. I believe that the memory card has to be formatted in the camera. How else could one format a card without using the given device?
If it is a new card then just use it, don't bother formatting, as long as the camera starts recording then it is fine.

If it actually needs formatting then using Windows 7 go to My Computer, right click on the card, select Format, choose FAT32 format and press Start.

If it is a new card then just use it, don't bother formatting, as long as the camera starts recording then it is fine.

If it actually needs formatting then using Windows 7 go to My Computer, right click on the card, select Format, choose FAT32 format and press Start.

Thank you very much for the useful information. In reality, is it only cards which have been previously formatted, ( in another device) that need to be re-formatted? I really never had any issues with formatting memory cards in any camera's. There seems to be some confusion, if true, as to the formatting of cards with the Mini 0803.

Thank you very much for the useful information. In reality, is it only cards which have been previously formatted, ( in another device) that need to be re-formatted? I really never had any issues with formatting memory cards in any camera's. There seems to be some confusion, if true, as to the formatting of cards with the Mini 0803.
There is definitely some issue with formatting 32GByte cards in the camera, exactly what it is seems unclear but I suspect that it has a problem if the card has been previously formatted using something other than FAT32 format. Using Windows is a safe way to format the card, just remember to select FAT32. The camera formatting works fine with smaller cards.

There is definitely some issue with formatting 32GByte cards in the camera, exactly what it is seems unclear but I suspect that it has a problem if the card has been previously formatted using something other than FAT32 format. Using Windows is a safe way to format the card, just remember to select FAT32. The camera formatting works fine with smaller cards.

Thank you very much. It is a 'new' card, sealed (32). I believe that Windows 7 is comprised of FAT 32 files only, SO why would I have to select anything? I've only used up to 16 GB cards with no issues. Are you saying that by using a 32 GB card that there is a selection to be made regarding file system? If you have time, could you verse me in formatting. Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you very much. It is a 'new' card, sealed (32). I believe that Windows 7 is comprised of FAT 32 files only, SO why would I have to select anything? I've only used up to 16 GB cards with no issues. Are you saying that by using a 32 GB card that there is a selection to be made regarding file system? If you have time, could you verse me in formatting. Thank you for your assistance.
You should also get the choice of exFAT and NTFS formats, I think the default is exFAT...

But your card will probably arrive already formatted using FAT32 so you can just insert it in the camera and start recording.

You should also get the choice of exFAT and NTFS formats, I think the default is exFAT...

But your card will probably arrive already formatted using FAT32 so you can just insert it in the camera and start recording.

When you specify that I should get the choice of exFAT and NTFS formats, are you referring to the memory card? Yes, the card is pre-formatted. Thank you again for your patience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Mini 0803 14
Paul_P Mini 0803 7
Back