Using an external mike while in waterproof case

Nuuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
I have struggled to get reasonable sound quality while using my Git 2 on my motor scooter. The problem is wind noise, and after trying everythnig that I can think of to solve the issue, I now think that the problem is not with wind noise getting to the external mike inside my helmet, but with the wind noise on the camera itself that I have mounted in an open frame.

The solution with other cameras is to drill a hole in the housing to accept the mic cable, but with the Git 2, the clamping mechanisn is on the side of the case, obstructing the USB socket. So, does anybody know of a case for another model of camera that clamps at the top, and has the buttons lined up with the ones on the Git 2?

GoPro Hero 4 compatible cases normally work, but sometimes need some modification to get the connectors to fit.

I would be tempted by a Gitup G3 (Git3) case, since it is also compatible with the 90 degree Git2. But it will need a spacer for a normal Git2 which is thinner than the G3/Git2 90.

Thanks Nigel. I will look into both those options.

I have struggled to get reasonable sound quality while using my Git 2 on my motor scooter. The problem is wind noise, and after trying everythnig that I can think of to solve the issue, I now think that the problem is not with wind noise getting to the external mike inside my helmet, but with the wind noise on the camera itself that I have mounted in an open frame.

The solution with other cameras is to drill a hole in the housing to accept the mic cable, but with the Git 2, the clamping mechanisn is on the side of the case, obstructing the USB socket. So, does anybody know of a case for another model of camera that clamps at the top, and has the buttons lined up with the ones on the Git 2?
I think this item I posted below , although image doesn't show it , has an opening left side for the access to ports!

I think this item I posted below , although image doesn't show it , has an opening left side for the access to ports!

Thanks TwoBlues, but I can't see anything below your text.

OOPS! Is there an entry from me featuring a web address for an waterproof case w/mic.? I logged on to Ebayuk and found a Gopro waterproof skeleton case with a stereo mic. and apparently a pre_cut opening for the mic. wire.However that which I copied and pasted is not what the url opens to ! Log on to your EBay and you can find the case and Mic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back