USING DASH CAM AFFECTING DRIVING

But if you try to stamp on SD cards to destroy them they just lie on their side pretending to be dead. Sneaky blighters. Go for their weak sides.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've never had any issue when destroying retired ones, albeit I have used a hammer. They're only thin plastic outside with chips on the inside. Once the chips inside are destroyed, all data is lost forever. I'd have thought the heel of a boot with 14 or 15 stone behind it at speed from 18 inches or so would have been more than enough to crush the innards and split the casing. Otherwise split and stomp as Jokiin said.

They can break at the non- contact end too. I broke a nearly new one there trying to insert it into a misaligned socket :( Goodbye $30, and hello Transcend/Amazon for another $30 all over again :cry:

Phil

They can break at the non- contact end too. I broke a nearly new one there trying to insert it into a misaligned socket :( Goodbye $30, and hello Transcend/Amazon for another $30 all over again :cry:

Phil

Yeah I've had a newish one split apart whilst inserting it / removing it with my thumbnail. The two halves of the case simply started to separate and once removed, the whole case came apart leaving me holding a board with contacts and chips.

I just cut dud ones with scissors

Has any body here noticed they drive differently now they use a cam ?, I am the first to admit it has calmed me down as I think in the back of what little mind I have that all my actions are also "on record", I am no angel but do find I think more on the roads as anything that I do wrong is also caught, it makes me more contented now to drive with a cam as I didn't like it at first.

I drive same, pretty much. I am a drive at or under speed limit, stay in right lane, except to pass, headlights on, both hands on steering wheel with THUMBS UP to show void of any devices.

Back