Using only G sensor in parking mode

Amdr

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hi all,
I am new here, just installed few days ago the a119 v3 and so far I am very setisfied.
Overall I am very impressed with the video quality.
I've read some posts here and searched information online but couldn't find a simple answer:
In parking mode, you can choose one of four options: off , event detection, time-lapse , low bit rate.
My question is regarding the event detection mode , as the other 3 are self explanatory.
In event detection mode, while the car is parked any detection from the the g sensor OR the motion detector will trigger a recording action.
Can I set the camera to trigger a recording action ONLY by the g sensor?
My car usually parked in public places and its practically recording non stop with the motion detection.. which I find to be kind of useless.
From a new user pov its seems like a very simple and trivial thing to set, but I couldn't figure it out.
Help would be appreciated.

It uses both g-sensor and motion. You cannot choose only one.

Cover the lens so it will not detect motion but only shocks. :cool:
Seriously now, the G-Sensor is not so sensitive as many people expects so the most important is the Motion detection.

enjoy,
Mtz

I agree that this needs to be a feature enhancement in the firmware. I really enjoyed using the G-Sensor only for parking mode on my BlackVue, while not using motion detection at all. I think Viofo can enhance their competitive offering by a simple improvement.

Back