blueeyes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650S
Hi! New here...wondering if anyone here has been using their dashcam in an electric vehicle for parking mode and if so, how do you have it set up? Full EV's like the Leaf, Bolt and Teslas or plug-in's like the Volt (my car)...
Thanks!

My bruv has a leaf(excellent car btw) and I seem to remember on his the fag lighter is live all the time so power could be got from there, I'm sure he was charging his phone a while back from the socket when away from car

We found it best (manufacturer recommendation) to turn the sensitivity way down - otherwise we would constantly get false 'bumps' - data being recorded, & pushed to the cloud. Other than that, the only thing obviously is - you have to have your 12v power source always hot - set up to be constantly on.
To use Park mode - it doesn't matter whether your car is Plugin or not. It's the same concern - in that there's some potential issue about 12v parasitic loss ...... that is - unless you're plugin has an 80 or 90kwh traction pack where it constantly keeps the 12 volt source charged up 12v battery drain can become an issue. The newest Hyundai plugin (iirc) may have no 12v issue either - doing away with the typical lead acid battery, & opting instead to step down 12-volts off the high voltage pack - as an auxiliary source.
......snip ....... lighter is live all the time so power could be got from there, I'm sure he was charging his phone a while back from the socket when away from car
not unless the Leaf is brand NEW. On our ½ decade old Leaf - whether the 12v aux socket, or the usb ports - everything goes dead. Leaf 12v batteries are small, due to having no cranking amps being necessary. The 12v source is only for booting up the Leaf's ECU's so you can then start driving ... or remotely starting up temp controls, & for 3G connectivity for monitoring charge status .... charge on/off/etc.

Last edited:
It is quite new, he left it for around 1 hour while he played cricket

Good thing i did 1 semester of law school in Cambridge - otherwise, I, like most here in the U.S. wouldn't know cricket was a game
158219-004-81F7121F.jpg
cricket
[emoji16]

Last edited:
Ha ha really ? it is generally accepted that it was invented in south east england, yet nearly every country beats us at it ha ha

Yea . . . unlike cricket - Lacrosse we know about - barely - but Lacrosse is just the rich U.S. kid's sport - where parents sign them up so all of the wealthy parents & important business owners can rub elbows. Most average folks don't even know about lacrosse here.
Don't forget, here in the US we are even slow to keep up with soccer teams, which the rest of the world calls football.
[emoji33]

Last edited:
Found out the leaf has been wired for permanent 12v to accessory plug, he told me you can also get a specific inverter kit for these also., they have a small 12v battery under hood and his has a solar panel on the rear of roof area.

Yea . . . unlike cricket - Lacrosse we know about - barely - but Lacrosse is just the rich U.S. kid's sport - where parents sign them up so all of the wealthy parents & important business owners can rub elbows. Most average folks don't even know about lacrosse here.
Don't forget, here in the US we are even slow to keep up with soccer teams, which the rest of the world calls football.
[emoji33]
Lacrosse was invented in Canada by frustrated hockey players...!!

Must depend on where you are. Growing up in upstate NY, lacrosse was pretty common and certainly wasn't a rich kids sport. Maybe because the sports origins go back to the Iroquois indians who inhabited that region. The sport is also pretty common in public schools here in the Atlanta area.

I played lacrosse once but was very firmly(read THREATENED) as I was aiming at people heads ha ha, some nearby mothers took exception and ganged up on me, 4-6 angry GI wives can be quite intimidating so I behaved as I liked my "meat and veg" that had been threatened ha ha

Back