Using Pressy / Mikey / etc. as Shutter possible?

fkr

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I got a Pressy and I am wondering if it's possible to use it as a shutter on your phone.

I'm thinking about using it while my phone is in my pocket or behind my back so you dont see me holding the phone on the pictures taken.

Does anyone of you know if it's poddible to do this (via Tasker maybe?!).

Thanks in advance.

You can use tasker. Have it launch a tasker task that runs a shell command, then have it be:

input tap x y

with x and y being the coordinates of the place you want to touch. You can enable some pointer settings that will let you see x y coordinates on the screen in developer options

For this your phone has to be unlocked. You can use a third party bluetooth shutter to pair it with your phone and control the cam.

Is there a way we can use this to simulate the bluetooth shutter?

I don't know what you mean?!

If you connect your Yi to the app via wifi, and press the volume button on your phone, it will trigger the yi's play/stop button for video or as a shutter for photo.
You can therefore, hold your phone behind your back and press the volume button, or tell your pressy to change the volume of the phone, hence, a photo should be taken on the yi?

If you connect your Yi to the app via wifi, and press the volume button on your phone, it will trigger the yi's play/stop button for video or as a shutter for photo.

I didn't know that. That's wonderful. But it doesn't work when the screen is off. Then it would be really a good alternative for the shutter wouldn't it?

Back