Using the Protect Clip button however not working?

EliR18

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently invested in a dashcam and chose the 512GW as I saw it had good reviews and was around the price I wanted to spend.

I opted for a certified refurbished with a years Nextbase Warranty on it, for a good price.

I’ve only had it 3 days and I’ve already ran into an issue which is proving to be an inconvenience.

Parts of my trips aren’t being recorded nor are they even being registered when I use the Protect function to save a clip.

I’m using a Samsung Evo+ 128GB U3 MicroSD Card, and I don’t think that’s the issue as it’s brand new.

Is it a simple case of reformat the SD Card and hope it fixes the issue?

Welcome to the forum.

Event files most often go into their own dedicated folder, and so the folder with the regular recordings will have a hole in the time line / footage
I am not familiar with how nextbase do it, but the others i have used have a folder named "RO" short for Read Only, that contain all the event files created by pressing event button or if triggered by G- sensor while parked or if you have that on while driving ( which i dont think you should have )

Welcome to the forum.

Event files most often go into their own dedicated folder, and so the folder with the regular recordings will have a hole in the time line / footage
I am not familiar with how nextbase do it, but the others i have used have a folder named "RO" short for Read Only, that contain all the event files created by pressing event button or if triggered by G- sensor while parked or if you have that on while driving ( which i dont think you should have )
Thankyou!

I have a Protected and Videos folder - both not full so I can rule that out. I have hidden folders enabled on my PC so once my adapter comes I’ll check that. I’ve been checking the footage straight from the SD Card which I’m not sure if I’m doing that wrong.

It’s my first dashcam Another factor I’d rule in is I’d had it wired to a 12v Splitter and was constantly having to turn said splitter on and off. However, today I had the dashcam hardwired in properly instead of the temporary mess I’d made..

It was recording fine so I’m not sure where that’s gone wrong, I don’t know if I should reformat the SD card to see if that’s buggered it.

I am not sure if the nextbase cameras hide the event folder, so say it would only be visible with their software,,,, it seem a bit silly to me to do that.

It can vary some how different cameras handle event files, and how many of them you have room for, i think these days a set % of the memory card are set aside for events, and once that fill up, they too will also be recycled when the folder are full.
But with a ample sized memory card that is plenty, i use 256 GB memory cards and dont drive that much, so my event folder have footage going back months.

you can always format the memory card in the camera, just make sure you have backed up anything on there you want to save, it is a good idea to do this anyway every few months

Hello,

The Protected Folder is not hidden on the SD card. This will be accessible along side the normal video files.

Is the 512GW on R22.5 please?
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Press the Menu Button Twice to enter the Setup Menu.
4) Scroll down to ‘System Info’
5) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back