Using USB ports in Lexus ES 350 to power Dashcam

Hawkeye1099

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently ordered the A119, and my question is can I run the power cable to the center console that has a USB plug? Has anyone tried using this?

Alternatively if the wire is long enough i might try to run it under the drivers seat to the back cigarette lighter plug and use the included cigarette lighter adapter (I assume it comes with one)

Thoughts?

I recently ordered the A119, and my question is can I run the power cable to the center console that has a USB plug? Has anyone tried using this?

Alternatively if the wire is long enough i might try to run it under the drivers seat to the back cigarette lighter plug and use the included cigarette lighter adapter (I assume it comes with one)

Thoughts?
Using your cars USB ports is not recommended. They usually don't supply enough power to properly power the camera.

Ah good to know. Back to the cigarette plug in either the center console or the back plug. Would love to hardwire but I just dont have the guts to tear apart trim parts in my new lexus quite yet lol

...Back to the cigarette plug in either the center console or the back plug...
That's what I did for my SRX. Using the accessory outlet (cigarette plug) in the rear seat to power 4 cams - no issues. Biggest 'problem' was trying to hide the power and gps cables for 4 cameras (8 cables total - it didn't work out as well as I would have liked but the visible ones are behind me so I don't see them (y) ).

Back