Using WiFi options

Graeme

Reaction score
Country
United States
With some dashcams including WiFi and the ability to view videos on your phone, I have some questions.

If you get in an accident and wish to show the recorded video to the police, is WiFi a good approach?
Is there a way on the phone viewer to save a specific video and e-mail it to the police?

Will I need to pull out the memory card in any case to allow the police to copy it to their laptop?

I've heard it's best to keep the memory card with the video of the accident so you have it for insurance. I'd also be concerned with dropping and losing the microSD card.

Direct playback over Wi-Fi may buffer, better to transfer the required clip to your phone's memory from within the app and then view or share the clip.

Most WiFi dash cam will support apps that will allow you to view/download the Video then you can show/send it out as an email attachment. One catch though. In order to have it immediately available. You have to assume that the accident is not serious enough to trigger the battery cutoff on some newer vehicles.

Back