v1.12.04 Firmware Download link ( Panorama II / Panorama S )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
You can download new FW v1.12.04 from HERE

What's new ?
- menu interface sub-menu 3rd page has been changed also to be colourful to match first two sub-menus. Other than that no other changes has been made.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Anything else new besides the ability to turn off the front blinking blue LED?

Thanks! Anything else new besides the ability to turn off the front blinking blue LED?

Menu interface sub-menu 3rd page has been changed also to be colourful to match first two sub-menus. Other than that no other changes has been made.
Front LED switch off firmware will be ready soon ( don't know exact date ).
When it's ready, I will share ;)

Is it possible, Niko, to keep a list of all the versions and what has changed between them? I don't want to look through all the different threads to see if a feature I want has already been added.

I too am having issues with the front blue LED. It's distracting for other drivers and it seems to be placed behind a ventilation grill. If I cover it up I feel that I might have heat issues.

Is it possible, Niko, to keep a list of all the versions and what has changed between them? I don't want to look through all the different threads to see if a feature I want has already been added.

I too am having issues with the front blue LED. It's distracting for other drivers and it seems to be placed behind a ventilation grill. If I cover it up I feel that I might have heat issues.

You have a point. I was also thinking about separate sub-forum forum for all Panorama II / S related firmwares.
I will open it within 1-2 days and ask moderators to move all previous firwares to be moved to that sub-forums, so we will keep all in one place.
Just got FW thats switches OFF front LED. I will test it and post also ASAP.
Keep in touch.

Great work Niko. You're time and effort is appreciated by all.

Even without a dedicated forum, if you just copy your text from the previous threads and add to it the new stuff. That would be good enough.

Great work Niko. You're time and effort is appreciated by all.

Even without a dedicated forum, if you just copy your text from the previous threads and add to it the new stuff. That would be good enough.

Thanks for ideas.

Have any updates decreased the shock sensitivity? Even on its lowest setting yesterday I'm getting 3-4 events on a normal 40 minute drive due to slight bumps in the road.

Have any updates decreased the shock sensitivity? Even on its lowest setting yesterday I'm getting 3-4 events on a normal 40 minute drive due to slight bumps in the road.

Strange, for me it was opposite, - I think latest two firmwares worked good for me regarding g-sensor. I usually drive with g-sensor off, but 1.12.02 and 1.12.04 I was testing with g-sensor "low" and got only 1 g-sensor activation during my whole drive route to work and back and that was on the rumps which I draw over with higher speed than usually ( within max speed limits ).

Here is Questions to other Panorama II users:
Please share your opinions how g-sensor works for you with latest firmwares. Is it still too sensitive on the lowest settings ?

It's still too sensitive... I get about 6 or 7 activations in a 5km commute...

Yes, they are definitely normal bumps (at least they are "normal" for the streets we're used to over here). They are definitely not supposed to trigger a g-sensor event. I posted some actual measurements here of the g-forces I encounter on my daily commute to try and give an estimate to the manufacturer for a useful setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking this proposal to all Panorama II users who already installed latest firmware and who have kinda routine same route to the work and back ( Monday to Friday commuters ).

Before starting driving to work, first thing: format sd card, then start driving.

- Monday: set to the highest sensitivity, drive to work and then after drive back home, count at home how many emergency recorded files are in the folder.

- Tuesday: set to the middle sensitivity, drive to work and then after drive back home, count at home how many emergency recorded files are in the folder.

- Wednesday: set to the lowest sensitivity, drive to work and then after drive back home, count at home how many emergency recorded files are in the folder.

After that please post your research.

I know it is for some people hard work, but I think only this way ( or similar way ), we can determine how sensitive or not sensitive is G-sensor and other people can also contribute to the hard working community.

Or, if there any other suggestions, please share.

Yes, they are definitely normal bumps (at least they are "normal" for the streets we're used to over here). They are definitely not supposed to trigger a g-sensor event. I posted some actual measurements here of the g-forces I encounter on my daily commute to try and give an estimate to the manufacturer for a useful setting.

Thanks for doing research. I didnt see this post before. It's looks like not all the time "notifications" works for me, - this has been going on for many month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, if there any other suggestions, please share.

That's a good idea. Thinking like a developer, I think it would be more useful to just take a look at the actual recorded files from a commute. The g-sensor setting doesn't affect the actual measurements recorded during the drive, so the drives from the three days should be almost the same. Just extract the g-sensor data from the video file and forward it to the manufacturer. Tell them no event in that file should trigger a g-sensor event. Thus they can see all the maximum values achieved in the recording and use a value that is "more extreme" than the recorded ones.

This blue light, is it the small one in the pics above? To me, its not noticeable at all when driving..

Back