v1.12.04 Firmware Download link ( Panorama II / Panorama S )

This blue light, is it the small one in the pics above? To me, its not noticeable at all when driving..
Not the one we're complaining about. There's a new front-facing blue LED that seems brighter. It illuminates part of my windscreen in the evening and is very noticeable to otehr drivers.

So a new version of this camera? I swear mine doesn't have a front facing led

Yeah sometime in the last month they (I got mine from shpkorea) starting sending a newer model. Mine is still branded as a PII, with the old black/grey user interface but it has a blue LED under the front vent hole.
See the attached image below to see how it looks standing from the front of the bonnet (note: I've got my camera mounted upside down). It's definitely MUCH brighter than the internal-facing LED.

Attachments

• PII.jpg
    PII.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 26
Yeah sometime in the last month they (I got mine from shpkorea) starting sending a newer model. Mine is still branded as a PII, with the old black/grey user interface but it has a blue LED under the front vent hole.
See the attached image below to see how it looks standing from the front of the bonnet (note: I've got my camera mounted upside down). It's definitely MUCH brighter than the internal-facing LED.

WOW! You can get in trouble here if you have a flashing blue light like that! I'd cover it up with some electrical tape, cut into a small square

One step ahead of ya "mate". Already on my maiden voyage testing the camera I had a guy roll up along side me driving a full sick Civic peering at me to see if I was a copper. I've since put some black cloth tape over the LED, but I'm a bit cautious as to how it'll go in warmer temperature. I've been lucky that it's overcast here in Sydney at the moment, otherwise I'm worried it'd overheat with the vent covered.

I will release firmware without LED within this week.
Just wait a moment...

Seems rather silly to put a bright LED that will shine onto a reflective surface like a windscreen. Maybe cut out a really tiny circle so it only covers the led. For mine I blotched out the text with a black permanent marker.

This blue light, is it the small one in the pics above? To me, its not noticeable at all when driving..

Rear blue led ( the one on the LCD side ) no way need to be turned off, otherwise dont know status of recording.
The new series of Panorama 2 / Panorama S they come with addition of blue led at the front. It was made to satisfy Korean / Taiwan market. I recommended to developer to give an option to switch it off for western market. Soon I will get special FW to switch it off because writing a completely new menu interface with add-on of option on/off led from menu will take some time. So, the quickest way is via FW which I share soon.

Sungmoon, thank you for watching these threads and taking our suggestions into consideration.
Milamber, it isn't that simple because the circuitboard the LED is on sits pretty deep under the cover, and there's only the three small slits that the light goes through. Can only cover all of the grill to stop the light.

Niko, I wouldn't mind a menu option to disable the LED. That way it can keep everyone happy and not have to start juggling two streams of firmware versions for those who need/want the LED and those who don't.

Back