niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Last edited by a moderator:
The innovation is non-stop with @Sungmoon as usual, excellent!

I prefer the new natural look of night black/brown colors over the slightly enhanced detail of violet. The new night video registers better with my brain somehow. Daytime looks outstanding!

Last edited:
I would also like to see less purple ( maybe instead of purble to have brown, which is more close to dark / black colour scheme ), but if it's not possible to achieve without sacrificing night sensitivity , then personally don't mind what background colour is there as long as I can record more data.

Which bit rate do you use and why? What is the difference?

I have replayed you about this HERE

Yes, I didn't see it where I asked the first time. I thought this was the better place to post.

Thanks! Looking forward to going back to the 18Mbps firmware!

MD5 for 1.12.06 18Mbps:
MD5 (GLG300.ELF) = 7577f74efcde4969e3d0c1892c2df901

How to upgrade / flash, watch video below

hi Niko AND others,

if you're able to manually focus the camera, used to shoot the video/s. With a bit of luck, they won't suffer the focusing jumping shown in this video.

david

New firmware released v1.12.06 for Panorama 2 / Panorama S
For Panorama S it has disabled front security LED.

Tested 3 weeks, all works fine.

DOWNLOAD:

GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_12Mbps_Intl
GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_15Mbps_Intl
GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_18Mbps_Intl

Full review with raw / original files and comparison with previous firmwares you may read HERE

How to upgrade / flash, watch video below

I upgraded my firmware this afternoon, to GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_18Mbps_Intl . Using Niko's excellent instructions. As expected & hoped ( this was my first ever FW upgrade on any device ) it worked perfectly. Because I read the instructions & followed them to the letter. NB the language icon has changed, since Niko's instructional video was created. BUT the location of it is in exactly the same place. So as a result of all of this, I no longer have a Panorama II, I have a Panorama S ( early pre CPL version:cool: ). Which should be helpful, if I ever need to sell it . . .

F Y I, not only did I have to change the language to english, but the time zone & other changes I'd made to the default settings, also needed changing. I am puzzled as to why the international version, doesn't ship with english, or some other non Korean, as the default. Depending on which language outside of Korea is most used.

As I downloaded both the 15 & 18 Mbs speed versions, I realised that sort of of installing them. there was no way of telling them apart. So stored each in a separate appropriately named directory ;)

david

^ I always forget to reset something after a firmware update. Today it was turning the microphone OFF and LCD timeout.

Settings to check after firmware update (things that are not default):
Language (English)
Timezone (AEST)
G-Sensor sensitivity (low)
LCD Timeout (screen off after 60 seconds for me)
Microphone (off)

PS with a CPL fitted & properly adjusted, the sky looks fine. Except when heading directly into the sunshine, when it's drowned.

david

I upgraded my firmware this afternoon, to GLG300_V1_12_06_20140421_18Mbps_Intl . Using Niko's excellent instructions. As expected & hoped ( this was my first ever FW upgrade on any device ) it worked perfectly. Because I read the instructions & followed them to the letter. NB the language icon has changed, since Niko's instructional video was created. BUT the location of it is in exactly the same place. So as a result of all of this, I no longer have a Panorama II, I have a Panorama S ( early pre CPL version:cool: ). Which should be helpful, if I ever need to sell it . . .

F Y I, not only did I have to change the language to english, but the time zone & other changes I'd made to the default settings, also needed changing. I am puzzled as to why the international version, doesn't ship with english, or some other non Korean, as the default. Depending on which language outside of Korea is most used.

As I downloaded both the 15 & 18 Mbs speed versions, I realised that sort of of installing them. there was no way of telling them apart. So stored each in a separate appropriately named directory ;)

david

I will try to do in some stage video from Panorama S GUI on how to upgrade FW, but as you pointed out, most icons are at same place with same meaning, just have different picture on them.

Is there a step by step text version to upload the firmware, instead of the video? I would rather print that up. I found the video was drawn out, and the first 2 minute were just explaining the DC/power socket and the USB port.

What should the upgrade (firmware ) SD card be formatted in? FAT? FAT32? Or should it be formatted in the camera as well?

Last edited:
I will try to do in some stage video from Panorama S GUI on how to upgrade FW, but as you pointed out, most icons are at same place with same meaning, just have different picture on them.
Can you upgrade the firmware right from the Panorama S GUI, without having to go through the menu/power button options? I didn't see that option.

Is there a step by step text version to upload the firmware, instead of the video? I would rather print that up. I found the video was drawn out, and the first 2 minute were just explaining the DC/power socket and the USB port.

The frist 2 minutes of the video are THE MOST IMPORTANT !!! Thats why I included this info there, because I learned hard way bricking the device.
I think its better to watch 2 min about DC and MicroUSB port I am explaining the right-/ wrongs, than if you brick device and have to send it back for repair.
P.S. - if you flash using wrong step-by-step instruction ( avoiding my advices in that 2min video ) then it will not be considered as manufacturer fault and you going to pay extra money for fixing.
All info I add into ANY of my videos is IMPORTANT and it has been done to help people not do do a mistakes I have done in the past.

Can you upgrade the firmware right from the Panorama S GUI, without having to go through the menu/power button options? I didn't see that option.

Unfort can not.

Is there a step by step text version to upload the firmware, instead of the video?

Yes, there is and it is mentioned on the main page of Panorama II product HERE

What should the upgrade (firmware ) SD card be formatted in? FAT? FAT32? Or should it be formatted in the camera as well?

Depending on the card type. Up to 32gb is Fat32 and over that is exFat. Foolproof way is just to use WIndows properties format, it will decide correct format option depending on memory card type ( exFat or Fat32 )

The innovation is non-stop with @Sungmoon as usual, excellent!

I prefer the new natural look of night black/brown colors over the slightly enhanced detail of violet. The new night video registers better with my brain somehow. Daytime looks outstanding!

@JazJon Thanks for letting me know of the update via Amazon. You rock!
@niko Thanks for the thorough testing!

This is the reason I love this forum. Thank you Niko for your fantabulous help as usual.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
L II / S 2
Back