V1P Parking Mode

GaryGood

Reaction score
Country
United States
First time post here.

I flashed my V1P with the expert firmware as described on the rexingusa.com website. This added two new menu items -- Parking Monitor and Motion Sensing. Could someone please explain what these options do. I must hardwire the unit to an always-on source. Correct? I want the unit to be automatically on when I'm driving and go into Parking Mode when car is parked, automatically recording when motion is detected around my car.

FYI. I had a devil of a time flashing the firmware. It turns out my trouble was I was writing the flash files to the SD card (after formatting in the V1P unit) using a Linux Debian system. In theory, this should not have made any difference, but on a lark, I tried writing the flash files to the SD card using my Windows 7 laptop, and surprise -- it worked.

would need an always on power source, the camera has a battery inside which is not good to have running off an always on power source, the camera has no way to determine if you're running or parked so won't auto switch, guess they just have it either running always or motion detect always

would need an always on power source, the camera has a battery inside which is not good to have running off an always on power source, the camera has no way to determine if you're running or parked so won't auto switch, guess they just have it either running always or motion detect always

So I would 1) connect always-on power source, and 2) turn on Motion Sensing option. Camera will record while I'm driving, because there is motion, and record while parked only if there is motion around my car. Correct? Then what does the Parking Monitor option do? Thx.

Also, does anyone know if the Motion Sensing works with both front and rear cameras?

in the SDK the parking mode function does exactly the same as the motion detect function, I think the idea was either one could be chosen as a menu option depending on how the supplier was trying to market their product, I have noticed that most of the products out there that have enabled the parking mode menu option still have motion detect as an option, maybe they don't know what it's about, not sure, either way it's a camera with a battery and not the type of product which should be powered constantly

either way it's a camera with a battery and not the type of product which should be powered constantly

Sorry for my ignorance. Would you explain this more please. I'm guessing the issue is the battery catching fire? Thx

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance. Would you explain this more please. I'm guessing the issue is the battery catching fire? Thx

they can just puff up and not actually catch fire, still enough to hurt the camera though, LiPo batteries are stable when powered up to around 45°c, in a locked car parked in the sun you can easily reach those temps when it's 20°c outside, hotter days are an even greater risk

all that aside it is a lot of drain on the vehicle battery if this is something you would do regularly, doesn't do the camera or memory card any favours either

First time post here.

I flashed my V1P with the expert firmware as described on the rexingusa.com website. This added two new menu items -- Parking Monitor and Motion Sensing. Could someone please explain what these options do.

To partly answer my own question, found this on rexing's website:

The parking monitor is designed to detect any physical interference when your car is parked. It can detect break ins, hit and runs, etc. When it detects such interference it automatically turns on and starts recording.

The motion detector works similarly when your car is parked, but it only turns if motion is detected in front of the camera.

My read of this is that Parking Monitor works from the G-sensor, while Motion Sensor works by detecting motion in the camera.

Back