V1P Pro Plus freezing issue

Peneinna

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just recently updated the firmware and while my dash cam works fine, it freezes whenever I hook up the rear camera (see photo). The screen is about 1/3 static and 2/3 black. Once it gets off that screen, it’s entirely frozen. I attempted to reset the camera and re-update the firmware but that didn’t seem to fix it. I’ve only had the camera for 2 weeks.

Wonder if anyone else has come up with a fix to this issue?

I’ve written a support ticket to Rexing, but if they can’t help, I fully intent on returning for something else.
F904B238-31A4-46C1-A84F-71A5C99EA478.jpeg

I also bought V1P PRO Plus thru Google/Bestbuy some 2-3 weeks ago and everything works fine.

But....

I have another V1P PRO dash camera that I bought in July. My car got totaled and I couldn't recover the rear camera from it so the main unit is all I got.
So I decided to buy another V1P PRO so that I have a spare dash cam. But when I connect the new rear camera to the dashcam bought in July - I get the same issue as you described.
I updated the July camera to the latest firmware but that didn't help.

I wrote Rexing asking what the hell is going on and they replied that they made some changes to the inventory recently and sent me the rear camera that was supposed to work with the July dashcam. I got it today and it is the same issue. It works with the new dashcam but doesn't work with the old one.

Could they fix this issue with the new firmware so that the rear camera would work with every dashcam?

Rexing got back to me fairly quickly with their most recent firmware and that seemed to do the trick for me. I’d try and get back into contact with them and see if they can send it to you

Did you send you a file? Because as I said, I downloaded the latest firmware (from 08/03/19) and that didn't help.
I am in contact with them as well so hopefully they will send me the latest one.

It is impossible to buy a rear dash cam on their website so I asked them a month ago if they could somehow buy it from them. The answer was 'no possible' but they offered me 40% discount. So I decided to buy another unit and have a spare dashcam. Now I ask them why the rear camera doesn't work with the old dashcam, and they ship me another rear camera. If they sent me a rear camera a month ago (when it was 'not possible), I wouldn't need to buy another unit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
10512 Rexing 3
Back