V2.006 Firmware released 8 Aug

CarlF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR650GW 2CH & DOD LD470W+
Has anyone tried this yet? Mine is currently on V2.005 and so far it is a marked improvement over the previous versions especially with the 10.5mbps bitrate now. Although it lags waaaay behind my DOD LS470W+ in this respect.

But is it worth going to v2.006 or just leaving it on v2.005?

This update (v2.006) features a bug fix and stability improvements:

Event Recording bug fix: when 1 or 2 of the 3-axis sensitivity settings (up-down, left-right, front-rear) were set to zero (no issue will all 3 parameters set to zero), Event recordings would occur repeatedly.

----

From the download notes it appears that this is simply to fix a bug with the sensitivity settings for the scenario in which you wanted to set one of your sensitivity settings to zero. Otherwise, there's nothing to be gained from the update.

Think I'll stick with v2.005. Has been running great on my 64GB Lexar 300x microSD card.

Does this firmware now requires the use of BlackVue C app? I still use the old app since I do not want cloud version and share my location.

Does this firmware now requires the use of BlackVue C app? I still use the old app since I do not want cloud version and share my location.
Stop worrying, you can disable the cloud features so your position isn't shared ... just turn off cloud sharing

Stop worrying, you can disable the cloud features so your position isn't shared ... just turn off cloud sharing

First of all, I do care about my data privacy and security, especially when a company will share store, process and transmit my location on a continuous basis. Secondly, the previous BlackVue app force users to share their location or the app quit, which happened to me. Because of that, I still use the legacy app.

As of today, the BlackVue C app have "Cellular Data" enabled in iPhone setting by default, which means the app can still send data back to the mothership. You have to disable that manually.

I posted in this forum to ask question and gave my reasoning why. So yes, I will continue to worry about mu data privacy.

Back