V2.6 firmware issues

Agie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A229 Pro, VS1, Nexus 4 Pro, S1 Pro, A119 v3/v2/v1
Anyone actively using the Stop and Go feature in the latest firmware? I find it doesn't trigger reliably, and always triggers when I put the car into reverse for some reason.

The Fatigue Detection I don't use because it's easy inbuilt into my Kia Forte

It’s just a gimmick feature. Of course it can’t tell if your car is reversing.

I've got them both turned off on mine. Really I don't see the need for this feature, but I'm glad there are still updates being released for this camera.

My stop and go works reliably, but you need to be stopped behind someone for several seconds. It seems to need to see a very steady picture which then has movement to activate. Sometimes if I pull up behind another vehicle and it pulls away in 3 or 4 seconds it doesn't activate, but always does after 10 or 15 seconds. Mine activates when I backup in my driveway too if I wait too long. I guess it thinks the shed is moving away. It's gimmicky, and 90% of the time not needed, but it has reminded me when I was looking out the side window that the car in front had left. My old Papago camera had a stop sign feature and would beep when it saw one. I liked that feature, but sometimes it would beep if the car in front had rally large tail lights.

My stop and go works reliably, but you need to be stopped behind someone for several seconds. It seems to need to see a very steady picture which then has movement to activate. Sometimes if I pull up behind another vehicle and it pulls away in 3 or 4 seconds it doesn't activate, but always does after 10 or 15 seconds. Mine activates when I backup in my driveway too if I wait too long. I guess it thinks the shed is moving away. It's gimmicky, and 90% of the time not needed, but it has reminded me when I was looking out the side window that the car in front had left. My old Papago camera had a stop sign feature and would beep when it saw one. I liked that feature, but sometimes it would beep if the car in front had rally large tail lights.
You probably have the best explanation of the behaviour I was experiencing, guess it can be useful in some capacity but since it's sight-based not the best compared to something like ultrasonic sensors/dedicated cameras in new cars. I've kept mine off since.

These extra features and associated complication is where Nextbase went wrong.

Just stick to a basic dashcam.

Turns on with ignition, records continuously until ignition turned off, job done.

Back