V2000gs. Yellow file errors

Steve

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I have a new v2000gs with a 32gb class 10 card. Cam works great but when I play the files in the dashcam registrator viewer I get random yellow file errors. When it's playing and gets to the yellow part it crashes usually always at the end. It says codec not found. I downloaded the k-lite codecs and installed them. Any ideas. Thanks

Won't play the yellow files in windows media player. All others are fine. Could it be the battery issue with these. I ordered a new battery. Or a bad sd card?

Sounds like the file is corrupt, a bad card could cause that, you may be able to repair the file to make it playable (to a point) there's a few program's around for doing just that, might be worth a try

Thanks for input. I'll try a new card to see.

What is the type of yellow files? Normal, Event, Motion? Because if the problem is for only one type of videos the problem is in firmware. The camera don't save in the correct way that type of files.

enjoy,
Mtz

Not sure what you mean. It plays thru the whole file but at the very end it turns yellow then crashes. I don't have a English manual so I kinda just winged it. It doesn't happen all the time. I'm trying to figure out when or what is causing it. Bad sd or battery? I have the rewrite set at 5 min if that matters.

Steve said:
Not sure what you mean. It plays thru the whole file but at the very end it turns yellow then crashes. I don't have a English manual so I kinda just winged it. It doesn't happen all the time. I'm trying to figure out when or what is causing it. Bad sd or battery? I have the rewrite set at 5 min if that matters.

is it totally random?

is it the last file before power off etc

Not sure if its random but it looks like it. I just got this cam and started playing with it. It looks like it's always at the end. Then some sessions are fine. Weird. I need to drive more with it I guess.

Update. I notice when I power off the unit using the power button each time I stop before turning key off the, the files never get corrupted. So, it looks like its the bad battery issue. File never gets finalized on shutdown sequence. I ordered a new higher cap battery just waiting for the row boat to get here.... Other than that the video looks great!

Back