V3.1-Can't seem to view screen once screensaver is on

Smiley

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V.1(1), A119V.2 (6), A119V3 (1)
I just updated my @viofo A119's firmware to version 3.1 and seem to be having a problem.

I used to be able to press the REC button and see the screen image, once the screen saver was activated. Apparently, that’s been changed I believe. I can’t figure out how to see the screen once the camera has been operating for a while. When I press the power button gently, it turns off and on again. My question is, with firmware version 3.1 how do we view the screen once the screensaver is on? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.
When I press the menu button, It does activate the screen–but it also took a picture. Is there a way to activate the screen, without taking a picture?

I just tested and works fine for me. did you reset the unit to factory when you did the update?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I checked and reset all of the Factory settings.
I think I see what they changed with this new version. It used to be that you press the, REC button and the screen came on. If you wanted to pause the recording, you pressed the button again. Now, pressing the button pauses the recording–also showing the screen. But, you need to press the button again to resume recording. That’s different than previously. I guess that must be what they meant by their “4” in their change log, which states, ”4. Improved: One click to stop recording, mute/unmute while in screen save mode.” I think I understand that now. One problem with firmware updates is that they change your routine for operating the camera and the changes are not always documented in the detail we would like.

Thanks for your reply.
I think I see what they changed with this new version....
Correct. Short press the Power button while recording to turn the LCD on or off.

Prior to V3.1 while recording, one button press turned on the LCD, then another button press was needed to initiate the button command, except for the Event(!) recording button which was one press. In V3.1 while recording, buttons for REC (to stop recording), MENU (to take a photo), and MIC (to toggle Mic on or off), and Event (! emergency) recording only require one press to activate the LCD and execute the command. The Power button function while recording is - short press to turn LCD screen on or off, long press to turn the A119 off.

Thank you for that. It makes things really clear. Viofo has made a number of important changes which seem to me to have been poorly documented (unless there's something out there that tells you all of these things and I completely missed it).
Again, my thanks.

Back