V3 beeping after hitting bumps?

cb_shepherd

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, all! New member here with just a couple of questions about my 119V3! I bought my camera a few weeks ago with the hardwire kit and a Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB memory card. As of now, I have not installed the hardwire kit due to complications with my vehicle, and currently have the provided car adapter hooked up to an outlet that is powered off the battery. So far the camera has been functioning well, but I've noticed that when traveling on rough or bumpy roads, the camera will constantly preform three series of beeps with the "REC" button flashing red, which I think signals that it has stopped recording. It seems to pick back up with recording shortly after, with no beeps and the REC button solid red, but as soon as I hit another bump it will repeat the same process. Is this an issue with the power supply? I've pulled the card out and checked the recordings and it seems to be recording most of the time, and park mode is recording as well, but I can't seem to nail down what's causing the series of beeps; the adapter seems to be a snug fit, but with it being located inside the center console, I am never actually looking at the plug while driving. Any thoughts?

That is your G sensor that go off, and create a event, this you should find in a folder named RO on the memory card.
I don't know why people will have G sensor on while driving, if something little happen you want to save you just press the event button, if something major happen and you can not do that, people rushing to your aid should turn off your car as one of the first things, and so your camera stop recording and your accident are safely recorded.

If you crash off the road and into a ravine, then with any decent sized memory card you are still sort of good in that regard, you should be able to sit there for 8 hours with the camera running and still not have reached where your accident get written over.

So my advise is to turn off G sensor in the camera, at least for driving, if you use parking mode, having it on there are no problem.

That is your G sensor that go off, and create a event, this you should find in a folder named RO on the memory card.
I don't know why people will have G sensor on while driving, if something little happen you want to save you just press the event button, if something major happen and you can not do that, people rushing to your aid should turn off your car as one of the first things, and so your camera stop recording and your accident are safely recorded.

If you crash off the road and into a ravine, then with any decent sized memory card you are still sort of good in that regard, you should be able to sit there for 8 hours with the camera running and still not have reached where your accident get written over.

So my advise is to turn off G sensor in the camera, at least for driving, if you use parking mode, having it on there are no problem.
Thank you! That all makes complete sense. I’ll disable the G sensor and see if that makes a difference on my daily commute.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z A119 V3 6
M A119 V3 56
Back