V3 Flickering and restarting

matty68875

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone, any idea what could be causing my camera image to flicker? When I move it from the mount and hand hold it for a bit, it appears to go away, then comes back. Also, more importantly, the unit itself keeps restarting every few seconds. Some days I have no issues at all but lately the restarts have been getting worse. Reformatted and checked the memory card, using a 64gb Samsung EVO+. Never had any of these issues with my v2 which is still going strong. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Flickering screen i believe are often a result of a bad power supply, you can bring it home and try it on a USB charger for some devise at home.
If you like me have some chargers that allow you to plug in any mini or micro USB plug to test devises, or maybe a wired charger that have a mini USB like on the camera.

Official SG Support will be here soon and follow up.

I’m seeing this pop up in previous posts, I should have researched before. Going to try your suggestion and try an outlet at home!

The V3 units are for sure on the new good power supplies, but anything can cough out.
@Street Guardian USA will be here to follow up soon i am sure, service out of Nevada.

Try running your v3 with the v2 power supply. See if you will get same results to eliminate power supply issue. Do same thing with memory card previously formatting them in the dashcam.
How old is your memory card which you use on v3?

Tested it for a good solid hour or so with a mini usb in my house, no flickering or shutdowns! Must be the power adapter. How would I go about getting a new one of these

Tested it for a good solid hour or so with a mini usb in my house, no flickering or shutdowns! Must be the power adapter. How would I go about getting a new one of these

Send me a support email or private message with your details and I’ll sort this out for you.

Back