V660 / V2000GS

Thanks rose1,
I also replaced the battery with a 90mh. So far it's working great. I would also like to put a micro switch in the case to kill the Power to the lcd so when u power up cam u dont have to hit the lcd off button each time. Other than that I like the camera.

Does the replacement battery have to be 3.7v and lipoly? I was going to try a 3.6v Ni-MH will that work? Or what about a 3.6v Ni-Cd?

I'm having the same issue with the last file not being saved because of the weak battery.

Chad
I didn't trust anything else than the 3.7. Camera seems to like it and didn't want to piss it off.
I really like the v2000gs. Hope there is no more bugs. When I took out my battery it looked like it overheated it
Was bloated. Looks like their is a lot more room for even a larger battery than a 90. The battery cost about $3
US. But took for ever to get.

Steve said:
Chad
I didn't trust anything else than the 3.7. Camera seems to like it and didn't want to piss it off.
I really like the v2000gs. Hope there is no more bugs. When I took out my battery it looked like it overheated it
Was bloated. Looks like their is a lot more room for even a larger battery than a 90. The battery cost about $3
US. But took for ever to get.

Thanks Steve...that is what I was thinking. The only reason I asked about a 3.6 is because they're readily available in stores and I didn't want to wait forever to get one from China. I did order a few on ebay, but now the waiting game. I will just continue pressing the record button to save the last file until I get the replacement battery. I'm with you, I really hope there are no more bugs. I already sent one back to aliexpress because of freezing / locking up. The one I have now I got from ebay and has been working flawlessly (with the exception of the batt issue). This is definitely my go-to camera!!!

I'm not sure if this was brought up yet, but I realized if I am on a long trip (45+ mins) the camera shuts off normally and does save the last file. I am guessing because the battery has enough time to recharge itself during that time. When I go on a shorter trip and the camera is only on for a few minutes the batt does not have enough time to fully recharge, and that is when the last file does not get saved.

I installed my V2000GS this weekend, it work flawlessly for 2 days, but this morning, after a 1 hour drive recoring (I wanted to test the memory capacity) the camera shut off. I manually turn it back on, it start recording but the battery indicator flash in red and the camera shut down again.

I dont understand how this camera is charging, if I leave it with the charger plug in, will it start fonctioning again or did my battery died and need to be replace? Does the camera charge when it's recording? Cause it was plug in when it died.

I can't return my cam to the seller cause I bought it 2 month ago on ebay and leaved a positive feedback before installing it to my car...

Chad
You can manually turn off camera each time before u turn off car and the unit will finalize properly. Pain but worked for me until my new battery install.

Steve said:
Chad
You can manually turn off camera each time before u turn off car and the unit will finalize properly. Pain but worked for me until my new battery install.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing...it is a pain, but I will just keep doing that until my battery arrives. Actually, I really only do it if there is something on that last file I want to save. If not, then I just let it get deleted.

One thing to note is check the mount it comes with, some have a oddball reverse rear view mirror type mount with a swival ball, I can't find any like it to stick in another car.
The wedge is molded with the body and is no where to attach a suction cup type mount, it does stick well (I tried to remove it to no avail as yet, I was watching the windshield flex.)
When I do get it off I am going to use the 3m Ipass hook and loop for attachment. Looking back I would of chose a different mounting style.

I like the mount a lot. Very low profile and sturdy. I ordered 4 more for other cars. You can peel it off by using the tab, your windshield will not flex, I can assure you. I've repositioned mine several times until I found just the right spot. If the clear tape rips after about 10 times of removing it like mine, head to the auto parts store and look for 3M moulding tape works great!

Ever since getting this V2000gs camera, it would record fine but would then freeze up after an hour. It would also record video files that windows could not open for some reason. I tried vlc player and windows media player. All said it was an unrecognized file. I hate to part with this camera because it's one of the only ones that shows MPH and KMH, also, it's reasonably priced compared to and itronics ITB-100 and the picture quality is excellent. Much better than the DVR027/DVR207. Also, it's nice and small. It fits right behind my rear view mirror without being noticeable. Although most of these seem to come with firmware 1.08 T24-MFH, the preferred software seems to be v1.6 T24-MFH. I had the file here but was unable to upgrade it. Well, today, I was finally able to load firmware V1.6 T24-MFH. Hopefully, this will correct the freezing issues and the instances where it creates an unreadable video file. I had it set to 5 min recordings and it started doing it so I thought decreasing to 1 minute recordings would resolve the issue but it did not. Hopefully, this firmware will do the trick. If anyone wants firmware V1.6, I posted it in a previous post.

I was having the same issue I with it freezing. I too like this camera very much because of the recording quality, and the MPH option. So much in fact, I ended up returning it and getting another one on eBay. My second one has been working perfectly without a hiccup with the exception of the file errors. Have you noticed if it is the last file on your trip that is coming up with an error? If so, its more than likely a battery issue like a lot of people, myself included, is experiencing with this cam. What happens is, the battery does not last long enough when you disconnect power to save the last file. I ordered a larger capacity replacement battery like other people did. For now, I've just been hitting the record button before I disconnect power and that solves the problem by stopping the record process and saving the file before disconnecting. You'll see a dotted circle which means its saving.

Chad said:
I was having the same issue I with it freezing. I too like this camera very much because of the recording quality, and the MPH option. So much in fact, I ended up returning it and getting another one on eBay. My second one has been working perfectly without a hiccup with the exception of the file errors. Have you noticed if it is the last file on your trip that is coming up with an error? If so, its more than likely a battery issue like a lot of people, myself included, is experiencing with this cam. What happens is, the battery does not last long enough when you disconnect power to save the last file. I ordered a larger capacity replacement battery like other people did. For now, I've just been hitting the record button before I disconnect power and that solves the problem by stopping the record process and saving the file before disconnecting. You'll see a dotted circle which means its saving.

I have replaced the battery with a 120mah battery as soon as I received the camera. The one it initially came with was DOA. It was the 2nd file out of I think 6 that was corrupt. I have it on the recording recycle setting of 5 minutes. I'm certain that this is just a flaw in the camera because I actually have 2 of these cameras and the other one did the same thing today. I think the camera struggles with creating new files every 5 minutes. I wonder if I just turn off the recycle recording, what would happen? As I said, I really like this camera but reliability comes before anything. And if I can't rely on this camera, I'm afraid it's gonna have to go. I've used both firmware 1.6 and 1.08 and they both do the same thing. I may just bite the bullet and get the iTronics ITB-100

Oh wow....that's horrible. I agree 100% reliability MUST come first. What a bummer....these really could be awesome cameras if they would just work properly. Mine is still ticking away, but its only been a few weeks. I do always catch myself checking the counter on the bottom of the screen just to make sure it's still ticking.

rose1 said:
I finally figured out how to open this. There are 2 extra screws that are hidden behind lens bezel. Just twist the lens bezel off and you'll see the 2 very well hidden screws. The lens bezel seems to be held to the camera with glue. But it does come off easily
I am trying to open that unit, but the lens bezel seems to stuck. I have removed those 6 screws. Edges are nearly going out, but it seems to be glued/hold on the center. I was aware of damaging it when playing with the lens bezel.
Please tell me what exactly have we to do, to open that?
Two main questions:
1. Have we to rotate the lens bezel clockwise or anticlockwise?
2. Have we to pull it in or out?
Any pictures of that or MS Paint drawings (with that lens bezel) will be helpful.

Replaced my battery last week and have not had any problems since. Was a bit tricky soldering wires that small but swapping out the battery with a larger one works like a charm on the saving the last file issue.

musial said:
rose1 said:
I finally figured out how to open this. There are 2 extra screws that are hidden behind lens bezel. Just twist the lens bezel off and you'll see the 2 very well hidden screws. The lens bezel seems to be held to the camera with glue. But it does come off easily
I am trying to open that unit, but the lens bezel seems to stuck. I have removed those 6 screws. Edges are nearly going out, but it seems to be glued/hold on the center. I was aware of damaging it when playing with the lens bezel.
Please tell me what exactly have we to do, to open that?
Two main questions:
1. Have we to rotate the lens bezel clockwise or anticlockwise?
2. Have we to pull it in or out?
Any pictures of that or MS Paint drawings (with that lens bezel) will be helpful.

I got rid of mine so unfortunately, I cannot come up with any pics but I know for sure, there are 8 total screws. You only need to remove 6 to open the unit. There are 2 screws on the upper part where you mount it, then there are 4 in the back, and 2 in the middle front behind the lens bezel. It seems to be glued and you have to kind of twist it off. Once you do that, you'll see the 2 hidden screws, remove them and you should be good.

I have had the V2000GS for 4 months and it has worked very well. I have it connected to the ignition and use a 16gb Sandisk.

Notes:
I wish I could mute the audio recording and blank the screen after a few seconds of recording. I placed it behind the mirror so I don't see it, very discrete. Windows are tinted in my Minivan so you cannot see the camera from the outside. I put a piece of black electrical tape over the screen so all my passengers see is the very bottom where it shows the counter. I had to set my shock sensor setting to 0 or it would tag files when going over thoes hard plastic speed bumps. I have not had any fatal issues with the battery. It keeps the recording going about 5 seconds after shutting off power. Only a couple corrupt files over the last 4 months. I had it set to 1 min rec time then switched it to 5 min seems to be working better. Video and audio quality are very good in the daylight. Low light video is OK It helps to have a really good set of headlights. GPS and MPH are hard to see in the video as white blends into the sky. The refresh rate is kinda laggy on the GPS and MPH display.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if replacement windshield mounts are available for these camera's. If so please provide a link to the website. Thanks.

Transfluent releasing soon dash cam based on A7L CPU using same shell / body

Back