Vadikus' Viewer program!!!

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
I must give a shout out to Vadikus and his registrator viewer program. I am so impressed with the way it works. It can be found at http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html. Thank you so much vadikus for making such a great program to work with our cams. It really blows away the ones that come with the cams. I made a donation via paypal to his website...I encourage EVERYONE who uses it to do the same...help this guy out! The least we can do is help support him and the outstanding program he made.

http://www.registratorviewer.com/donate_en.html

I cannot say I am happy with the program. I used it to view the files from my LB100. It looked like everything was working fine but once I closed the program I found that it corrupted most of the video files on the card. The images below show whats left of my Movie and Motion directories. Needless to say I will be uninstalling the program. This is too bad because like I said it looked like everything was working fine. It read the video and GPS data and displayed everything properly. I really liked the fact that it was able to identify and sequence the videos from the Movie and Event directories in the correct order. The file corruption was definitely an unexpected and undesirable consequence.

c0087a0d-3466-40f6-8aba-ceb1edf5fd3c_zpsb71d18dd.jpg

9575cbb0-2adc-482c-8075-84a00574127f_zps3063aa42.jpg

msdfw said:
I cannot say I am happy with the program. I used it to view the files from my LB100. It looked like everything was working fine but once I closed the program I found that it corrupted most of the video files on the card.

This program NEVER makes any changes or writes, only reads!
So, you had lost your files because of some other reason, not because of RegistratorViewer program, may be hardware fail on SD controller, I don't know, but Viewer does not edit files, I guarantee.

May be, before, your dash cam had fail, and file system was broken. Then, Windows have tried to fix it (scandisk), but not successful.

I am also using LB100, but I don't have the file corruption problem.

There are two things I don't like about registrator viewer. 1st it doesn't display G-sensor info from LB100. 2nd it skips half of the clip whenever the speed is set at 2x or 4x.

msdfw said:
I really liked the fact that it was able to identify and sequence the videos from the Movie and Event directories in the correct order.
The Winycam's New Viewer can also display Movie and Event in correct order, but it needs the Korean firmware to correctly config the cam.

PKNY said:
1st it doesn't display G-sensor info from LB100.
You should send samples to me, and I will try to support your format.

PKNY said:
2nd it skips half of the clip whenever the speed is set at 2x or 4x.
Try new beta-version from site. It supports new method of speedup. Maybe you will satisfied.

Here is the sample from Mtz:
Mtz said:
Here is a Livue LB100 sample.

Thank you very much.

I'll try the beta version later.

I hope it works with my VicoVation

@jack007

"My dash has no GPS"

From Registrator web site:-

GPS
You can attach an external file with the GPS track (*.gpx, *.plt, *.nmea), for example, in the case of video recording apart from GPS recording.
Support altitude, if this information is recorded by the registrator.
Calculation of the trip distance.
Export tracks to formats: KML (for Google Earth), CSV (for Excel), GPX (GPS eXchange Format), PLT (Ozi Explorer).
Generating SRT subtitles, containing GPS information. They can be attached to the video on YouTube, as well as they accepting by many players: VLC, MPC, MPlayer, CrystalPlayer, DirectVobSub, ...

YMMV

regards

P

And how will you synchronize the GPS data with the video? And even if you will work to synchronize it, for what is good? In the court the GPS tracks are not accepted or anything that is measuring something.

enjoy,
Mtz

Jack007 said:
My dash has no GPS. I can record track with external tracker. Can I see route and video with Vadikus' Viewer?
You just need to put track near the video, and program will attach it automatically.
In any case you can attach any track to any video manually.

Mtz said:
And how will you synchronize the GPS data with the video?
If video recorder has correct time - synchronization will be. GPS track allways has correct time, because time got from satellites.
But if video time incorrect, you can shift it manually.

Mtz said:
And even if you will work to synchronize it, for what is good? In the court the GPS tracks are not accepted or anything that is measuring something.
Of course, it is all just for fun.

Yes, is very important to have the correct time for the camera.
I made a donation just because you still visit our forum. :roll:
The romanian translation was for free. :mrgreen:

enjoy,
Mtz

msdfw said:
I cannot say I am happy with the program. I used it to view the files from my LB100. It looked like everything was working fine but once I closed the program I found that it corrupted most of the video files on the card. The images below show whats left of my Movie and Motion directories. Needless to say I will be uninstalling the program. This is too bad because like I said it looked like everything was working fine. It read the video and GPS data and displayed everything properly. I really liked the fact that it was able to identify and sequence the videos from the Movie and Event directories in the correct order. The file corruption was definitely an unexpected and undesirable consequence.

So further work says I'm not convinced that it was the registrator program but I'm still not sure where the errors were coming from. will have to work with it a little more.

Back