Valentine One radar detector in action

I’m always getting asked if it really works...
Since you didn't slow down, in fact you speeded up relative to the vehicle in front, there is no evidence of it doing anything useful!

Seems to work really well at detecting trains though, do your trains have radar obstacle detection on the the front?

why slow down if he wasn't speeding?
No reason at all, but surely the point of a radar detector is that it allows you to speed, in which case, if he wasn't speeding then it wasn't working...

the thing beeped more and more the closer he got, don't have to be speeding for it to work, clearly it was working, just he didn't need it at that time

Thank you. you said it perfectly.

No reason at all, but surely the point of a radar detector is that it allows you to speed, in which case, if he wasn't speeding then it wasn't working...

The device doesn't "allow you to speed", it detects radar and the thing alerted him well in advance that there was a radar trap ahead. Whether he was speeding or not is entirely irrelevant!

Quick question.

I’m noticing that all my videos look like absolute crap when posted through Dropbox.

I've been using the GoPro video editing software, in hopes that it doesn't downgrade the video quality, but there’s something amiss.

When viewing dash-cam videos directly on my phone, they’re crystal clear.

on your phone they'll look great due to small screen, unedited video is always best when uploading if you want to retain quality but not always practical if you need to edit stuff out or mask something

Thanks jokiin.

The video just looks a bit pixelated when viewing it over Dropbox.

Thanks jokiin.

file hosts that offer a playback option will generally do a reduced quality version for streaming, always better to let people know to download the video first

Thanks jokiin.

Personally, I've never had a good experience with hosting videos directly on Dropbox. No matter what I've tried the IQ is terrible. As jokiin said, best to get people to download them for viewing locally.

Back